W748 and the 123 AMAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W748 and the 123 AMAX

Tonight I was able to get to the 100M indoor range to do some testing. My goal was to validate the clicks and reticle on my new HDMR Horus 59.

I also wanted to test a powder charge that has worked well for me in the past. I have had good results with W748 and 123 Scenars. Tonight I also had good results with this powder and the 123 AMAX. The groups were very tight with 30.1, 30.3 and 30.5 grains. I used Lapua brass and CCI 450s. The OAL was 2.240".

My main focus tonight was testing the scope, but the ammo performed quite well. I could routinely put 3 to 4 shots into half an inch or less. I was shooting fast. I had 30 minutes to shoot 50 rounds. I know a few times I had flyers due to the mirage coming off the gas tube.

All in all, this looks like a good combination. The sweet spot from an accuracy stand point for me is 30.3 grains.

gun specs?

Comment

I have three Grendel barrels. Two are in usage. One is a factory Alexander Arms 14.5" upper. I probably need to check that it isn't a 16". It doesn't get shot too much these days.

The main shooter is a 28" stainless barrel with a 1-8.75 twist. It has an AA billett upper. The lower is swapped with my CMP national match AR. It should soon have its own Templar lower.

The third barrel is one of the first Lothar Walther barrels ever. I will probably build it up before too long.

Comment

Working...
      X