Gun show should I look for ammo there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun show should I look for ammo there?

So none of my local shops have ammo. I still haven't ordered brass and I want to take out the Grendel this weekend. Should I go to the Gunshow to look for ammo or is it a waste of time?
  • leopard6.5

Hi K_Labs: Where are you located? Where is the gun show going to be?

Lee

Comment

Sure why not, got nothing to lose. But, if you plan on reloading, buy Hornady or Lapua(AA). I'd stay away from Wolf unless you just want some blasting ammo and don't care about the brass.

Comment

Gun shows are alyays fun. But... I have never found a "deal" on any modern ammo at a gunshow. All I ever see is ammo that I can get cheaper online and unusual or foreign or discontinued ammo at high prices. Sometimes I am willing to pay the higher prices for a off brand box just to see how it shoots. I have never seen Grendel ammo at a gunshow. If you want a good deal on Grendel ammo I suggest you order online

Comment

• vanguard138

I have yet to see anything Grendel related at our local shows, but as previously stated they ARE fun. And maybe with the new certification we may start seeing something. Our shows on Northern Michigan are relatively small though.

Comment

We have a gun show in Raleigh tomorrow. I plan to go. I hope to get several of the powders I have seen people use here with good results.

Comment

• leopard6.5

K_Labs, the reason I asked where you are located is that finding Grendel ammo at a gun show may depend on where you are.

I'm currently on the east coast of Florida and last weekend at a gun show in Fort Pierce,FL, there was a vendor that was selling Grendel ammo. I was amazed!
              That is the first time I've seen any Grendel ammo for sale at any of the gun shows I have gone to in Florida.
              I questioned him and he said he has both individual boxes and cases and he will continue to have it in stock so I now have at least one local source if I need to get some.
              He had Hornady in stock and he was charging $20.00 per box or a case for $200.00.
              I didn't try to get him down on the case price since I wasn't buying any at the time but at least his price was decent.

Hopefully this is a sign that more people will start carrying the Grendel ammo.

Good luck in your search.

Lee

Comment

leopard,

I almost went to that show last weekend. I liver in vero beach and usually try to get to the ft. pierce show. It seems to be the best local show, but I have never seen any grendel ammo at any show, ever. That is good news to hear that the grendel might be catching on a bit.

Comment

• leopard6.5

QuadCam: Yeah, I was really surprised to see it there.

The guy selling the Grendel ammo says he does all the suncoastgunshows.com shows so he's at the Ft. Pierce and Fort Lauderdale shows.
                  I don't know why he doesn't also do the West Palm show since it would be closer than Ft. Lauderdale but he doesn't.

At least Ft. Pierce is close enough and his prices are good to make it worthwhile to go there.

Lee

Comment

• justified
                    Bloodstained
                    • Oct 2011

There's a guy who makes th eEast Coast circuit (I've bought from him in GA and VA) who carries Wolf and Hornady. He had a pallet of Wolf last summer. He ususally has pallets of 7.62 and 5.56.

So, as stated, it depends on your shows. Small shows are less likely to have Grendel ammo.

Comment

Working...
                    X