promising results...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• promising results...

I went out today to try out a variety of powder charges to optimize my reload, but it was just to windy. Paper targets would not stay still. So before I switched over to an AR blaster I took a couple of shots at a sapling tree with the lowest charge that I brought (26grs with SMK) at 125yrd prone/bipod/9x scope. ...Looks to be about .75". More testing to follow stay tuned.
    Last edited by Guest; 01-14-2012, 10:17 PM.

Nice confidence builder.

Comment

looks good, keep us posted!

Comment

• BjornF16
        Chieftain
        • Jun 2011

Look out for these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElJFYwRtrH4
        LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
        Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

hahaha, nutjobs!

Comment

• rasp65
            Warrior
            • Mar 2011

They think nothing of stomping all over those little plants while they morn, and worse yet they eat only plants. Bunch of hypocrites.

Comment

• BjornF16
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2011

We should all cry for the plants...I like this version better:

LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
              Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

hahahhaha

Comment

• Variable
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

Bwahahahaa!
                  Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                  We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• BenchRider

I share their pain and sorrow. I once lost a perfectly good piece of Lapua 6.5 Grendel brass in a bean field. Tragic. I couldn't cry then -- because my spotter would've never let me live it down.

Comment

As part of my online college program, I had to take a 'science' class. One of my choices was Environmental Ethics so I chose it because it would be just writing instead of stuff I didn't have any interest in doing. Despite the obviously lefty instructor, it was a pretty good class dealing a lot with history. We learned about the entire spectrum of environmental thinking, everything from Teddy Roosevelt to Deep Ecology. Anyway, that Deep Ecology movement is SCARY and I mean crazy scary. They are literally in the Mein Kampf mode with regard to environmentalism. One of their published objectives is the significant reduction of human population in order to protect the environment. I was able to illustrate how it resembled Hitler's Final Solution by using the required reading material and simply exchanging the words Fatherland and master race for environment and endangered species. I put them on the spot by asking the class which people would they choose to put on the trains first? Volunteers anyone? Anyway, I was able to put the lid on that crap and actually got an 'A' for the course. To this day my wife says I had too much fun in that class.

Comment

• LR1955
                        Super Moderator
                        • Mar 2011

Swag / Guys:

Keep it on track please. It is the Grendel that draws guys here and I doubt anyone who would take part in the Grendel forum is in love with the environmentalists.

LR1955

Comment

Small update. I shot 2 groups of 5 rnds at a paper target from a 100yrd with group sizes measuring .475 & .45" respectively. I'm ecstatic that my home build grendel is shootin good. This was again done from prone with bipod & no rear sand bag. I plan on running a ladder test from 250yrd this coming week to find the ideal powder charge range. I think once I get a load dialed in and shoot from a real bench, & possibly a trigger upgrade from the stock AR trigger group, that I'll really be shooting some nice groups. The only two tweaks I've had to do so far is dial down the adjustable gas block to a half turn open from full closed ( this puts the brass at 5' at the 4 o'clock position)... yeh I know I need to swap out the car buffer for a T2. Then I had to deburr the extractor hook due to the sharp edges digging into the brass. Bottom line its nice having a autoloader AR that out shoots most factory bolts.

Comment

Working...
                          X