Reloader 12 Substitute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reloader 12 Substitute

I read a few recent posts making reference to R-12 as a possible good match for the Grendel. It's my understanding that Norma makes some of the Reloader series of powders. Is it possible that Norma still makes R-12 or a similar/better version of R-12?

According to a couple burn charts R-12 and Norma N-202 are close, very close. Anyone try N-202 in the Grendel? Even though it is an extruded powder, it looks like a good fit to me.
  • sneaky one
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Interesting, I know of a stash of RL 12, made in 1998. It's been on a store shelf the entire time. I discovered it last yr. or so ago after Bill A. said it would be good fit in the grendy. I've been thinking about it since. I'll probably get a half lb. to try, just for experimants sake . If it does not pan out I'll load some plinkers for the 308. I just read from a powder maker that recent powder should be good for 30 + yrs. Somewhere there is a jug of powder from 1901 or ?, that they take out of storage every so many yrs. to test and it's still fine. Any thoughts from the older gents that may have used RL12 powder back in it's day would be great.

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

I'm sure its possible that Norma makes some version. Obviously, powders are named by both the manufacturer and marketer, and so there are multiple powders that go by different names depending on who is marketing it.

Sneaky, your experiment sounds intriguing, let us know how it goes!

Comment

Working...
      X