Newbie to Grendel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie to Grendel

Just bought a grendel off gun broker. I am a reloader with my bolt rifles. Do you guys full length resize for your gas guns? What are your pet loads with the 123 gr Amax? Mine has a 20in barrel. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Welcome!!

Full length resize. Favorite load with 123 Amax is about 28 grains of XBR 8208, though TAC, 2520, and BLC2 also have good loads!

Comment

welcome, keep us posted on a range report and get us some Grendel pr0n!

Comment

bwaites..... What length do you set them to? This is my first reloading experience with a semi auto, do you always full length resize? I only neck size with my bolt guns. Although I know they are different animals. Like I said, this is my first trip reloading with a semi.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

AR's demand full length resizing for consistent function, once in a while someone will try neck sizing and get away with it, but its not worth the hassle if it doesn't work! Most of the top F Class guys have switched to full length resizing for their bolt guns, too. About the only guys still only neck sizing, I think, are the BR guys, but I'm not really into that group. I full length resize for consistency.

I run my Amaxs at 2.25, essentially mag length. The bullet is fairly forgiving of jump.

Comment

Cool thanks very much

Comment

I full length size everything, bolt or auto.

Comment

Welcome Tim, I too had always been a bolt guy, but now I'm hooked on the Grendel. Built my first AR/Grendel last year and now in the process of re-building. Upgrading to a longer barrel and lighter handguard, plus better glass and mounts. Ah the devils work is never done. Enjoy!

Comment

Working...
                X