Primers for Grendel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primers for Grendel

How sensitive is the Grendel powder column? In other words, are benchrest primers a must for accuracy?

Originally posted by Schwag173 View Post
    How sensitive is the Grendel powder column? In other words, are benchrest primers a must for accuracy?
    IMO- No. I use Wolf Small Rifle Magnum primers as much as I do Remington 7 1/2's.

Comment

• Drifter
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

I'm currently using Rem 7.5's in Lapua brass, and CCI 41's in Hornady brass, in part due to fit.

The 41's fit snugly in Hornady brass, but are excessively tight for Lapua (with 7.5's snug in Lapua, but a little loose in Hornady). The 41's are mag primers and produce more velocity (and pressure) versus the Rem 7.5's, although Rem velocities seem a little more consistent.
      Drifter

Comment

I actually get smaller SD in velocity with Wolf Small Rifle Magnum than I do with CCI BR4 primers.
        Group size is the same.
        Bob

Comment

Originally posted by stokesrj View Post
          I actually get smaller SD in velocity with Wolf Small Rifle Magnum than I do with CCI BR4 primers.
          Group size is the same.
          Bob
          I have not used BR4's with my Grendel, but did find the same as you did on SD in my .223 FTR rifle when I use BR4's and WSRM's. And since the Wolfs are much cheaper, made it even better.

Comment

• jwilson1985

i use the federal 204m and in my application has made tighter groups

Comment

Working...
            X