Wolf Poly Line of 6.5 Grendel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf Poly Line of 6.5 Grendel

If anyone is interrested I checked Wolf's site over the weekend and they show a 6.5 Grendel load in their Poly line with a 110 FMJ.
    An of course searching the internet I couldn't find anyone posting it or pricing it let alone haveing it listed. Several emails have gone unanswered when asking if they could get it.
    UNTILL!, I just got a rsponce from Keri at www.ammunitionstore.com She said she would check into it and let me know if they can get it.
    If anyone here is interrested I think it would help to contact her and show our interrest. This might be a great plincking round and might lead to more loads from Wolf.

Thanks
    Bob

That's been On theirsite for years now. The steel cased ammo is closer than ever to actually bring released. Check the forums, there is a 15 thread about this ammo already.

Comment

I was not aware of it being on their site for so long. I have read most of the threads. Most of them talk about it going to be available in the future. Latest I read was in an article saying it was in testing and might be available first quarter of 2012. So why wouldn't it be a good idea to start asking suppliers about it?
      If the suppliers and Wolf do not feel that there is going to be a big demand then they are going to take their time getting it to market. Perception is 99 percent of any sales game. If we all start asking the suppliers/ammo sellers then they will start asking the distributors and they will ask Wolf. Bringing the 6.5 poly line to market is a sales game, if they think there is a big demand then they will push hard to get it to market. The first hurdle was getting SAAMI to accept the cartridge now the next is showing demand. The seller I mentioned is the first to actually say they would look into it. So maybe if more of us that want to see this start asking it will be here sooner. I have written every ammo seller I can find about this.
      I've been in sales for a very very long time and very successful at it. The one thing I've learned is that if you create the perception that there is a great market for something they will make it. I've also been involved in the shooting sports longer than I want to admit and I know how slow this industry can move. All I want to do is kick Wolf in the rear and say we want this round ASAP. Sorry this got a little long but I want this to happen soon. And I thought a lot of us did too.

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Ergobob View Post
        I was not aware of it being on their site for so long. I have read most of the threads. Most of them talk about it going to be available in the future. Latest I read was in an article saying it was in testing and might be available first quarter of 2012. So why wouldn't it be a good idea to start asking suppliers about it?
        If the suppliers and Wolf do not feel that there is going to be a big demand then they are going to take their time getting it to market. Perception is 99 percent of any sales game. If we all start asking the suppliers/ammo sellers then they will start asking the distributors and they will ask Wolf. Bringing the 6.5 poly line to market is a sales game, if they think there is a big demand then they will push hard to get it to market. The first hurdle was getting SAAMI to accept the cartridge now the next is showing demand. The seller I mentioned is the first to actually say they would look into it. So maybe if more of us that want to see this start asking it will be here sooner. I have written every ammo seller I can find about this.
        I've been in sales for a very very long time and very successful at it. The one thing I've learned is that if you create the perception that there is a great market for something they will make it. I've also been involved in the shooting sports longer than I want to admit and I know how slow this industry can move. All I want to do is kick Wolf in the rear and say we want this round ASAP. Sorry this got a little long but I want this to happen soon. And I thought a lot of us did too.
        Well, I definitely want steel cased Grendel fodder ASAP.LOL
        Also--- If you have any luck persuading anyone to make anything, then please call CZ and tell them that they definitely need to make the 527 available in Grendel!!!
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

I goofed, wanted this to go on thread. Variable, thanks!
          One person can't do it alone. All of us need to contact the ammo sellers to get it in. That should motivate Wolf.
          That's why CZ brought out the bolt action 223 in the 80's. A lot of people asked for it.

Comment

You know this isn't a bad idea at all. Think how many active users are on this site, if we could just get a quarter of them to inquire the big ammo sellers (SGAmmo.com, Ammunition To Go, Widener's, J&G, Midway, etc...) about the around-the-corner Wolf steel case 6.5, we could make a difference.

Thoughts?

Comment

• stanc
              Banned
              • Apr 2011

Don't you just love the enthusiasm of new guys?

Back in 2008-2009, many of us on the old forum pestered Wolf about getting the steel-cased ammo to market, to no avail. So I don't see that it'd help any to contact the big ammo sellers.

Besides, Wolf doesn't control the manufacturing, the Russian ammo makers do, and they operate on their own time.

Comment

Originally posted by stanc View Post
                Don't you just love the enthusiasm of new guys?

Back in 2008-2009, many of us on the old forum pestered Wolf about getting the steel-cased ammo to market, to no avail. So I don't see that it'd help any to contact the big ammo sellers.

Besides, Wolf doesn't control the manufacturing, the Russian ammo makers do, and they operate on their own time.
                Yeah, I can imagine if I had been waiting for years, I probably wouldn't be so enthusiastic... This stuff just gets me going though!

I will be building an AR this summer, and if Wolf works out, Grendel will be my caliber choice.

Comment

Firearm Discussion and Resources from AR-15, AK-47, Handguns and more! Buy, Sell, and Trade your Firearms and Gear.

I really hope it gets on the market soon, and if there is anything I can do to help like calling a company? Let me know & I'll help..
                  Eric

Comment

In my never-to-be-humble opinion, waiting for Wolf or any other ammo company may be a recipe for disappointment. Reload your own and enjoy the cartridge today.

Comment

Yes, we'll all rejoice when we don't feel obliged to track down 80-cent brass! At least its better than tracking down $20 + dollar camouflaged arrows...

Seriously. Schwag173 has it right. Reloading is as much fun as the shooting! (Especially when the targets are just paper!)

For those who haven't waded into this part of the shooting sports, start with almost any single stage press, a quality powder dispenser, a beam (not digital) scale and a solid bench. Oh, yes, also necessary is a supportive spouse -- you'll find that you spend as much or more time at the bench than at the range and those "honey-doos will pile up!.

Comment

Working...
                      X