ATF Bans Barnes Banded Solid Bullets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATF Bans Barnes Banded Solid Bullets

The title says it all. And ...... the .264 are on the ban list.

The ATF is probably doing it just to seize more bullets to send to Mexico.
  • txgunner00
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

This $#!+ is out of control.
    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• txgunner00
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

Comment

• txgunner00
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

the forum only lets me do 4 at a time

Comment

Hey, we pay for this service folks. Call your representatives and give them an ear-full. Since Barnes is in Utah, I think I can get Mike Lee and Chaffetz to listen more attentively. I do see the concern ATF has. Imigraine with me, if you will...

"Yo G. We gettin' ready to bust deez punks wif our gatz, dawg! You up for dis?"

"Heeeeell yeah partnuh. We gunna jack doz bustahs up mah man."

"You got bullitz fo yo G-lock fo-tay?"

"Crackuh, I ain't be goin' out like dat wif no shootuh. I bringin duh .338 Win Mag with my Barnes solids yo. You best check yosef."

"Barnes solids? That wimpy lo-life bullet ain't nuttin compared to my GS Customs .277 calibuh SP. Dis is how duh big dawgs roll G!"

"Dute. Did yo albino behand run duh ballistics up in dis? You need mo speed dan dat sawd off AR you stol from dem foos to git dose bullitz to stablize, dawg. You aints even got duh right sizin die homie!"

Comment

• texasgrunt

Awesome Post LLRP! Hit dat on da head, yo.

Comment

OMG! I think the more scary part is you were actually good with the lingo lol.

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                Hey, we pay for this service folks. Call your representatives and give them an ear-full. Since Barnes is in Utah, I think I can get Mike Lee and Chaffetz to listen more attentively. I do see the concern ATF has. Imigraine with me, if you will...

"Yo G. We gettin' ready to bust deez punks wif our gatz, dawg! You up for dis?"

"Heeeeell yeah partnuh. We gunna jack doz bustahs up mah man."

"You got bullitz fo yo G-lock fo-tay?"

"Crackuh, I ain't be goin' out like dat wif no shootuh. I bringin duh .338 Win Mag with my Barnes solids yo. You best check yosef."

"Barnes solids? That wimpy lo-life bullet ain't nuttin compared to my GS Customs .277 calibuh SP. Dis is how duh big dawgs roll G!"

"Dute. Did yo albino behand run duh ballistics up in dis? You need mo speed dan dat sawd off AR you stol from dem foos to git dose bullitz to stablize, dawg. You aints even got duh right sizin die homie!"
                LMFAO. My coffee just shot out of my nose. Thank you for that.

Comment

What I don't get ....... you can still buy armor piercing bullets. What the hell??
                  Last edited by Guest; 01-29-2012, 07:08 PM.

Comment

This is an even bigger kick in the nuts for those of us in California where many hunters are in areas that don't allow lead bullets. The fewer options people have the more of them will give up on the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Rust View Post
                      This is an even bigger kick in the nuts for those of us in California where many hunters are in areas that don't allow lead bullets. The fewer options people have the more of them will give up on the sport.
                      I think that is the strategy. Since nobody in their right mind in Congress will let any anti-gun legislation out of committee, the WH has directed the ATF to do everything in their power to ban ammo. They started, if you remember, by declaring a ban on ALL lead ammo and fishing weights even, and the Congressional telephone switchboard melted, forcing a redaction of that insanity, so they went about being sneaky here and there.

Slip a few thousand AR15's, AK's, FN Five-Sevens, & Barrett M82A1's to Mexican narco-traffickers, make "rulings" on solid brass projectiles under the guise of them being "armor-piercing", while forcing the military to adopt solids as new "green" ammunition, that is 3 times or more the cost of M855 NATO 5.56.

Communists know that the only way to defeat capitalists is from within, using ideological warfare mixed with economic, educational, entertainment, and bureaucratic rulings to kill with a thousand cuts. That's why we have the EPA.

Comment

Spoke directly with Barnes the other day (last week) about the exception that Barnes is seeking for the 6.5 (they got it for the .375 I believe) solids. The rep I spoke to stated that the exception is looking good and expect the litigation to be in effect about late February is when they think they can release the product.
                        I went on to state the ATF is basically a bunch of idiots if they feel that a solid 70-30 Brass (yes folks cartridge brass) make up is Armour piercing projectile (my opinion Folks). Which true AP has a hardened steel core of some sort.... derrrr, The ATF feel this a pistol caliber because 1 or 2 Manufacturers market a 6.5 G in pistol (AR-15 Pistol) configuration.
                        Hopefully what I was told still hold true.

Comment

Every case of M855 NATO Green Tip for sale all over the place is armor-piercing ammunition, as is any high-power center-fire rifle cartridge if we're talking about soft armor, even if you shoot cast lead bullets out of your grandaddy's .30-30 at reduced velocity. They will smoke a soft armor vest like Barry Hussein would smoke a crack pipe at an exclusive gay bath house in Chicago.

Comment

But all will have to agree that this a GOOD way for ATF to do smoke and mirrors on the illegal gun running to Mexico that the ATF funded and assisted in.

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                              Every case of M855 NATO Green Tip for sale all over the place is armor-piercing ammunition, as is any high-power center-fire rifle cartridge if we're talking about soft armor, even if you shoot cast lead bullets out of your grandaddy's .30-30 at reduced velocity. They will smoke a soft armor vest like Barry Hussein would smoke a crack pipe at an exclusive gay bath house in Chicago.
                              That is good still laughing

Comment

Working...
                              X