Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johndenverut

123 AMAX and ramshot Tac

Just what the title says. I have 4 pounds of Tac and want to try it with the 123. Any help or previous experience is appreciated. I have lapua brass and cci primers if that helps. Any velocities would be helpful too (I have an 18" barrel)
  • samalama76

I am interested in this combo as well. I hope someone has some info and will share it with us.

Comment

The AA reloading manual has info for 120gr bullets that should get you into the ballpark. Experiment, but just be safe and remember to start low and workup.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

Sorry guys, completely missed this until today.

I've loaded a lot of TAC under various bullets. My best loads under the 123 AMAX have run about 27-29 grains, depending on the rifle.

Start at 27 and work up slowly. My bet is that your most accurate load will be between 27.8 and 28.8 grains.

Watch your brass carefully, because I had a load that was incredibly accurate in my 19.5 inch rifle that was overpressure in my 28".

Comment

• Kikn
          Warrior
          • Nov 2011

Just checking to see if there are any updates to your load workups.

I most recently loaded 28Gr of TAC with 123A-max bullets and had very good results (For my skill level) alas I have no chrony to report from my 16" barrel

Comment

• skyfish
            Warrior
            • Mar 2011

Great post, I was just looking for a starting point myself with those very components.

What has been better for velocity, A 2520 or TAC?
            Last edited by skyfish; 06-27-2012, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Brian
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2011

Aa2520

Comment

• Lead Chucker

I haven't tried the 123gn bullets with tac, but my 18" loves the 95 gn v-max with tac.

Comment

Working...
                X