New reloading data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New reloading data?

I read this from some SHOT show info and I was wondering if anyone has found any new reloading data for our favorite cartridge.

Bill A was quoted as saying this:
    Lapua are supporting the caliber well and the new reloading manual has a lot more information including expanded data for the heavier bullets. Western has also done a lot more load work and this is available on their site. We may yet see more domestic brass/ ammo production but it is a little early to say. Hornady are pleased with progress to date and were in a jubilant mind at the Harris publications party.
    Anyhting online yet?
  • BjornF16
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

I saw the quote as well and immediately checked AA website...no luck
    LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
    Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• sneaky one
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Must be an older read. Diff- yr.

Comment

Originally posted by sneaky one View Post
        Must be an older read. Diff- yr.
        2012 quote.

Comment

• RangerRick

The Vihtavuori manual does indeed have loads for 139, 140, 144, and 156 grain bullets for the Grendel now:

Their 120 grain and 123 grain loads are pretty weak compared to others, so I think these numbers are conservative.

Still 2356 fps for the 144 grain FMJ is pretty good. That's with 27.8 grains of N540 with a C.O.L. of 2.248 in a 24 inch barrel.

I couldn't find any "Western" loads only the subsidiary companies, and none of that was new to me.

RR

Comment

Working...
          X