Ramshot TAC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramshot TAC?

Anyone have a source for loading data for Ramshot Tac for the Grendel? I've been loading for years, but just getting set up for the Grendel. I've got several pounds of TAC left over from a heavy bullet .223 project I'd like to try out on the 6.5...Thanks!
  • Drifter
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Drifter

Comment

http://ammoguide.com/?catid=456 (Paid subscription needed to view details, but well worth the money. Excellent forum but needs more threads like this one for the Grendel!)

http://www.ramshot.com/load-data/ (Click on "View Load Data" and can download a PDF)

Comment

• VASCAR2
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I've loaded a good bit of Tac and in my AR it functions great, isn't dirty and has been very accurate. I've loaded 95 grain V-Max @ 30.0 Tac seated to about 2.220, 120 grain Sierra Pro Hunter 28.5 grains Tac seated to about 2.2450. I've also loaded some 100 grain Nosler BT with TAC but I don't have the load in front of me. It has been reported hear that TAC can be temperature sensitive and I've shot these 2 loader when it was at least 80 degrees with no signs of pressure, the pro hunter load feels like your shooting factory but I've gotten my loads chronographed. Maybe this spring.
        Last edited by VASCAR2; 02-19-2012, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
          I've loaded a good bit of Tac and in my AR it functions great, isn't dirty and has been very accurate. I've loaded 95 grain V-Max @ 30.0 Tac seated to about 2.220, 120 grain Sierra Pro Hunter 28.5 grains Tac seated to about 2.450. I've also loaded some 100 grain Nosler BT with TAC but I don't have the load in front of me. It has been reported hear that TAC can be temperature sensitive and I've shot these 2 loader when it was at least 80 degrees with no signs of pressure, the pro hunter load feels like your shooting factory but I've gotten my loads chronographed. Maybe this spring.
          How you doin' that? That's WAAAAYYYYY out there!

Single loading? But that has to be JAMMED into the lands!

Comment

• VASCAR2
            Chieftain
            • Mar 2011

I'm sure I typed the length wrong I had the length jotted down on the box of ammo I had by my desk. I know the powder charges are correct. I'll have to double check the length but I think I put decimal point in wrong place. I guess goes to show any loading info you get on Internet should be approached with caution.

I was using my IPAD which is not the greatest for Internet but it sure is handy. Thanks for catching that Bwaites.

Comment

• bwaites
              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by VASCAR2 View Post
              I'm sure I typed the length wrong I had the length jotted down on the box of ammo I had by my desk. I know the powder charges are correct. I'll have to double check the length but I think I put decimal point in wrong place. I guess goes to show any loading info you get on Internet should be approached with caution.

I was using my IPAD which is not the greatest for Internet but it sure is handy. Thanks for catching that Bwaites.
              I was thinking 2.245, and assumed it was just a typo!

Comment

• VASCAR2
                Chieftain
                • Mar 2011

Bwaites my birthday is next month and I seem to get worse every year. My memory sucks, I'm overweight, bald, can't spell or type for sh**, have arthritis in my elbows and a bum heal but I just came back from the range and feel GREAT! Sucks to be retired huh.

Comment

• sneaky one
                  Chieftain
                  • Mar 2011

VCAR2, the load is 29.8- 30.0 Tac for the 100 nos. bt., it's a shooter. Tac is an easy to use powder for all. Once you burn that tac up, move to imr 8208, mimics Ramshot x-term for all loads--85-120 gr. & Plus extra clean burning , and faster than Tac above 100 gr. units.

Comment

Alexander Arms reloading data lists Western Tac............is that the same powder as Ramshot Tac?

Comment

• bwaites
                      • Mar 2011

Ramshot = Western TAC, Ramshot is one of the brands owned by Western Powders.

Comment

TAC has been the main powder I have used in the Grendel, and gives good velocity. I just picked up some XBR a week ago to see how it does, since I heard so much about it for its accuracy potential.

Comment

Yep, Western Powders owns the Ramshot line of powders. I have used TAC almost exclusively in my Grendel with good results.

Comment

Working...
                          X