Norma's online ballistics calculator -- pretty cool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Norma's online ballistics calculator -- pretty cool

While searching for BCs for Norma's bullets, I gave their ballistics calculator a whirl. I like it. Instead of inputing numbers such as zero, target distance, and wind value, you drag lines denoting each of these functions across a range. The cool part is that when you drag the target distance line, it automatically updates the values for velocity, energy, time of flight, drop, and windage. It has preset values for their bullets, but you can enter your own bullet weight and BC to get numbers for other manufacturers' bullets.

• RangerRick

Pretty cool, I couldn't figure out how to get it to go beyond 30 yards, though.

RR

Comment

How do you get it to generate a trajectory? Where is the come-up and windage data?

Comment

• RangerRick

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
        How do you get it to generate a trajectory? Where is the come-up and windage data?
        There is a vertical bar on each number that you drag to set muzzle velocity etc. When you set that the trajectory line shows up. You can drag a vertical bar on the trajectory to see the data at that point.

RR

Comment

Originally posted by RangerRick View Post
          Pretty cool, I couldn't figure out how to get it to go beyond 30 yards, though.

RR
          Yeah, for some loads it stops at 300 yds, while for others it goes to 600. Would certainly be nice if one could get it to stretch to 1000.

Comment

It never generated a trajectory for me, so maybe I need to update.

Comment

Working...
            X