• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • txgunner00
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Grendel ammo boxes

What boxes are you using for your reloads?

I have 2 types but I'm not entirely happy with either.

The first I tried was the Plano model 1228-50. Pros- hinged lid (not folding plastic), hole for each round not too big. Cons- too tall, double lid latches (kinda a pain to open), lid latch broke on one box the second time I opened it, made in china.

Second one I tried was the MTM RSLD-50-24. Pros- hinged lid, not as tall as the plano, single point latch that's thicker, MADE IN USA. Cons- holes are larger thus the box is bigger in the horizontal dimensions, rounds rattle around more than the plano

I've fixed the rattling by putting some foam rubber in the lid to hold tip of the rounds.

Before I order more, has anyone found a box that will fit the Grendel rounds better?
    Last edited by txgunner00; 02-19-2012, 07:21 PM.
    NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.
  • txgunner00
    Chieftain
    • Mar 2011

Looks like MTM also makes a RS-S-50 that should work better. I didn't see it last time I looked into them.

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

Comment

I have an MTM case guard 50, its blue, works great.

Comment

Originally posted by txgunner00 View Post
        Looks like MTM also makes a RS-S-50 that should work better. I didn't see it last time I looked into them.
        The RSS-50 is what I use. It fits the Grendel quite nicely.

Comment

• wheelguner
          Warrior
          • Oct 2011

I am using the Case-Gard RS-100 which is marked small rifle up to .222mag and works well with a 1/2" foam filler to keep the rounds from rattling. I originally ordered them for 204 Ruger and was delighted to find they work for the Grendel as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RStewart View Post
            The RSS-50 is what I use. It fits the Grendel quite nicely.
            That's what I'm using. I put foam in all my boxes to get rid of the rattle.

Comment

Any box meant for the 6mm PPC usually fits the bill. I have a bunch of the blue MTM Case Guards as well. I put the paper of my loads in the top, folded-up, to prevent rattle.

Comment

"The RSS-50 is what I use."

X2

Comment

I use the clear ones from ZIPLOCK!

Comment

• txgunner00
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Darkop View Post
                    I use the clear ones from ZIPLOCK!
                    LOL. I do too for my 223 basters. I like to treat my Grendel load with a little more respect.

Comment

I use MTM RS-S-50s. They come in transparent dark blue or transparent dark gray. Same boxes as for 7.62x39, are reasonably cheap and very durable. Not that it matters but I ordered the blue and found they nicely match the 6.5 magazine-followers.

Comment

• txgunner00
                        Chieftain
                        • Mar 2011

The MTM RS-S-50 boxes came in yesterday and they work great. Great price for a USA made product too. I need to order about 10 more.

Anyone with a 50 beo. need ammo boxes? The RSLD-50s I have will work great for it.
                        Last edited by txgunner00; 02-24-2012, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Great info on the MTM RS-S-50 boxes! They are now on my list of must order items!

Comment

I have a couple of the rss50 boxes. the grendels do rattle around in there alot. Also, fired (empty) brass will fall out of the holder if the box get turned on it's side or upside down.

Putting a foam liner in the top of the box might prevent that though.

Comment

• Blazin
                              Bloodstained
                              • Sep 2013

Raised from the dead.

Originally posted by wheelguner View Post
                              I am using the Case-Gard RS-100 which is marked small rifle up to .222mag and works well with a 1/2" foam filler to keep the rounds from rattling. I originally ordered them for 204 Ruger and was delighted to find they work for the Grendel as well.
                              Excellent suggestion! Since 2012 are there better options for a 100 round Grendel ammo box???

Comment

Working...
                              X