I'm Back...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Back...

Good to be back over here again! I just finished up a LW barrel group buy on AR15Armory for some 18" SPRs. Didn't know this site was up and running again, or I would have posted here about it. I might do another one in the Fall.

Finally scored a deer (doe) with my 6.5 AR last season. Used the lower off my .223 b/c it has a better sling mount, but the 6.5 has its own dedicated lower now. Built it with an AA lower reciever, RRA 2-stage NM trigger and a Magpul UBR. I used a load with BLC-2 and the 129gr Hornady SST bullets. They shoot very well, <MOA at 300 yards and ragged holes at 100 and 200 yards. One shot kill that went through both sides (bone) of the rib cage. I was really impressed with the performance. She ran about 50 yards and piled up. There was not much of a blood trail, but I didn't need one to find her in the open field.

I'm changing scopes soon. I currently have a Super Sniper 16x, and it just didn't cut it for deer hunting. Missed some shot opportunities due to the field of view under 100 yards. I'm switching to a Vortex variable very soon, as my dad is a Vortex dealer now.

Take care, guys.

• bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Welcome back!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

Welcome, good shot, and nice lookin' gun!

John
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
      X