Hi from Iceland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from Iceland

Hi im new in here and im building a A15 pull-back in 6.5 grendel, the reason is that i cant get to own a semi-auto here.
    Jakob
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Hello Jakob!

I spent 5 years in Keflavik as a teenager!

Awesome that you can even own a rifle!

If we can help, please let us know!

Comment

• StoneTower

When you say "pull-back" do you mean an ar15 that operates as if it were a bolt action? If so, I would build a side charger.

Comment

Originally posted by StoneTower View Post
        When you say "pull-back" do you mean an ar15 that operates as if it were a bolt action? If so, I would build a side charger.
        I think they may operate like the old blackpowders where you pull the bolt back to cock the rifle and pulling the trigger allows the bolt to slam forward firing the round. But, of course, I could be totally wrong.

Welcome, Jakob

Comment

Thanks guys, what im going for is the LAR Grizzly Ops-4 upper it looks the best to me. We get to own rifles up to 8mm and semi-auto shotguns, pistols up to 9mm with stupid taget grips. it did take me four years to get the police to give for this AR without the gassystem, it cant have the gasport on the barrel drilled and it cant have the gastube hole on the receiver, one more stupid thing i have to remove the key.
          It will just work like you pull the lever back, let it go and it will slam a round in the chamber and is ready to fire.
          the biggest problem i have is to get someone not to drill a gasport in to a barrel :-)
          Thanks, Jakob.

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

If I recall correctly, Great Britain has the same rules. You essentially, then, have a straight pull bolt gun.

I imagine Bill Alexander has run into these issues. I'll ask him what the solution is the next time I speak with him.
            Last edited by bwaites; 04-24-2011, 09:29 AM.

Comment

I was part right. Lol

Comment

• StoneTower

Get yourself a .410 shotgun upper and shoot slugs I live in California and we sometimes have to get creative. With a .410 upper, you would have a semi-auto shotgun with a 10+ magazine.

Gas ports can be plugged if that will work for your laws. You could also have someone fill the gas tube hole in the receiver or if you got someone making billet receivers, you could have then not cut it.

I would go with a MEGA (or AA as it is the same thing) side charging upper as it would be easiest to use in the configuration.

In California before some court cases that helped to restored some of our rights, importers were converting AK-47s to pump actions by removing the gas system and changing the front stock. When there were changes in the laws, people converted these same rifles back to semi auto.

Here is a link you might find interesting...

(Hunting Arfrica with an AR)

The page you are looking for does not exist. Please try using the search tool to try again.

Good luck,

David
                Last edited by Guest; 04-24-2011, 05:06 PM.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                  Administrator
                  • Feb 2011

Welcome, Selurinn!

John
                  :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

They look like this when you go straight pull, this is legal in Britain.
                    You basically do the work of the gas yourself by cocking the action after ever shot.
                    Although it would be illegal as stated if the barrel was drilled for the gases to cock the action.

Comment

I dont think i want to put a 410 shotgun upper on it, i like the saiga shotguns that much that i think i will just get me a saiga 410 for that. Im getting fixed on the LPA grizzly upper, but i will have to find out if i want to have the charging handle on the right or the left side, i think i will go for the right side like on my saiga 12 shotgun. then i need to start look in to a lower.
                      stay safe! Jakob
                      Last edited by Guest; 05-01-2011, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X