Dented Brass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dented Brass

I didn't know if this was the right place to ask this question, or maybe the tech forum. But I figured that reloaders would be very knowledgeable about their brass. All my fired brass from my first time out to test the new 6.5 G, has a small dent right in the middle of the case. I remember something about this in the regular .223 but can't remember why. I thought it was from the edge of either the ejection port upon ejection or from the brass deflector. If so, is it from being overgassed or undergassed? I could play with the buffers a little. But is seems to me that the ejection pattern was approx. 2:00 which would indicate being slightly overgassed. Oh, Ammo was factory Hornady 123 AMAX.100% reliability also. Is there something to be done so that the brass doesn't get so beat up for reloading? Or should I just leave it alone and be happy that it functions so well?

Personally, if it functions fine(100%) then I wouldn't worry about. Keep in mind the case is heavier and wider than a 223 which uses the same form factor deflector. Therefore, there might be instances where the G case will slap the deflector upon exit. Upon reloading, 45K PSI is more than enough pressure to cure that dent.

Mike

Comment

I put a piece of Velcro on my deflector. Doesn't dent brass near as much.

Comment

• longdayjake

I too put velcro on my brass deflector.

Comment

• txgunner00
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

+1 more for velcro
          NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Working...
          X