• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

I'm Back

Good to see things standing up again. May get a chance to shoot a Grendel upper or two today if time permits.

Pretty poor that someone decided to destroy the forum last time.

Well, lets see if anything is new.

LR55
  • Dogue
    Warrior
    • Mar 2011

Good to see you back LR...I look forward to more of you insight!

I imagine it'll take a little while for everyone to find their way back here.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

Good to see you back, LR, I was beginning to wonder if we'd have to go out and just plain hire a curmudgeonly contrarialist, but then yer snake-eatin' self darkens our door. . . .
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Hi Gene! Good to see you are back too!
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• LR1955
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Variable View Post
          Hi Gene! Good to see you are back too!
          VB / John / Dogue:

Ditto. Got to do some blasting yesterday on a decent FF range. Waites was in attendance for the day. We shot a 26" BBL Grendel upper a buddy of mine built for me. 4 groove, 1 / 9.5 twist. 120 SMK's and 30.3 2520. Had some fun for a few minutes. Really shot quite well to the farthest tgt which was round 700 m. Hard winds but from just about right at 6. The wind blew you as a shooter more than it did the bullet.

Glad to see everyone is alive and well.

LR55

Comment

Originally posted by Dogue View Post
            Good to see you back LR...I look forward to more of you insight!
            +1. Hopefully the member list will accumulate quickly.

Comment

LR I quoted your rule of thumb for 120/2600 load come ups on Sniper's Hide. I gave you credit for it, but could'nt recall the numbers at the end of your username to save my geezer soul.

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

Guys, LR1955 is not joking, that rifle really did shoot amazingly well. These were the first rounds through it, we had to put a new scope on it, and find a zero in wind, the load was not developed for this rifle, and it still was thumping the 700 meter target without any difficulty, once we got it zeroed.

I'm not a fan of the 120 SMK, its a bit of blunt boat of a bullet, but those results were hard to argue with.

I am now 100% convinced that with a quality barrel that there is absolutely no reason to do the "shoot one, clean one" routine.

LR1955, thanks again for the chance to watch you teach the Joes!!

Wonderful stuff.

Comment

Glad to see the blog up and familiar ids reappearing.

Comment

• LR1955
                    Super Moderator
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by pappy42 View Post
                    LR I quoted your rule of thumb for 120/2600 load come ups on Sniper's Hide. I gave you credit for it, but could'nt recall the numbers at the end of your username to save my geezer soul.
                    Pappy:

No problem. I can't remember the numbers after my user name sometimes too. He, he. I used the same thing with the guys this last week in regards how to quickly figure mil hold overs. It is pretty crude but is surprisingly useful for holds. BTW: It is pretty close for bullets in the .4 - .5 G-1 range with MV's from about 2550 - 2700 fps.

LR55

Comment

Working...
                    X