Grendel in the Sierra Nevada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grendel in the Sierra Nevada

Hello from the foothills of the Sierra Nevada (uh, that's the mountains in California).

I've decided to make my first AR from a kit (have several .223 rifles already though) and wanted something with a little more style than a plain vanilla 5.56. I've wanted an AR that I could use for deer hunting and after careful thought selected the 6.5 Grendel. Since I've already got a couple of surplus Swedish Mausers, 26 is one of my favorate calibers.

I'll be picking up my stripped lower in another week, and I've just ordered a 6.5 Grendel kit from J&T Distributing, which hopefully will arrive at about the same time. Also got an order off to MidwayUSA for Grendel brass and dies.

Hope I'll be able to pick you guy's brains as I go through the learning process of building my first AR.
    Michael
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Welcome, Michael! My sister and her husband live in Ventura and have gone horseback camping in the SNs. A place where there are these huge white rock formations, if I remember.

John
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Well, here it is. Sorry it took so long to post a pic. It has an upper from J&T distributing with a Simmons 6X20 scope on top. Will be sighting it in shortly.

Comment

Working...
      X