My Grendel carbine loves the Factory Hornady 123gr A-Max.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Grendel carbine loves the Factory Hornady 123gr A-Max.

Picked up some factory Hornady 123gr A-Max's and gave them a try today in my 17" SS, AA barrel. Used my back pack for a rest and shot these groups. I shot them useing the same zero as my 100gr Ballistic Tip handloads(29gr IMR 4895)

Both 300 yard groups measured 1-7/8" with a tape and the 100 yard group came in under 1/2". The 300 yard group that was high was with my 100gr BT 300 yard dope. I dropped it a 1/4 MOA for the second group at 300 yards. The 100 yard group was with my 100gr BT 200 yard zero. Wind was off constant right to leff.

Great looking boom stick.

Comment

• Drifter
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

Looks great and shoots straight. Well done.
      Drifter

Comment

• longdayjake

when you can get them to touch at 300 then i will be impressed. On the internet I can shoot them into the same hole all day long. When will you learn how to internet shoot? Noob.

Comment

Noob??? You have a whole 95 posts on the Grendel Forum. What's that make you. Why don't you take yourself over to a big time forum, such as Snipers Hide and run your suck. We will see how long your " NOOB" A$$ lasts there ;-). Don't let me detour you from pounding senselessly on your keyboard, it's good for your post count. LAUGHING!

Comment

Nice groups, smack!

I didn't see the 17" tube on the AA site. Do I need to have my eyeglass prescription checked or is that a factory barrel you had shortened? JP adjustable gas block?

Comment

It was a 18" cut down and turned down to lighten it up. Threaded 5/8-24 for a suppressor. Yes, it's a JP adj gas block.

Comment

• longdayjake

Noob??? You have a whole 95 posts on the Grendel Forum. What's that make you. Why don't you take yourself over to a big time forum, such as Snipers Hide and run your suck. We will see how long your " NOOB" A$$ lasts there ;-). Don't let me detour you from pounding senselessly on your keyboard, it's good for your post count. LAUGHING!
                See, now I can't tell if you're joking or not. MY post was meant as a joke. Hence the "internet shooting" and "noob." I guess sarcasm and joking doesn't really come across very well in print. What I should have said was "It sure is nice to see someone posting real groups on the internet for a change." I often wonder why most of my guns can't shoot one hole groups when everyone on the internet seems to be able to. Good work and nice shooting. I swear I tried my best to make it sound like I was joking. I guess an emoticon would have helped.

Comment

• skyfish
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2011

Nice groups. Guns a shooter. The trigger puller is pretty good too.

Comment

Originally posted by SMACK View Post
                    It was a 18" cut down and turned down to lighten it up. Threaded 5/8-24 for a suppressor. Yes, it's a JP adj gas block.
                    Smack,
                    Did you choose 17" for reasons of harmomnics or was it more of a length that suited your needs. Nice groups............ what trigger are you using.

Steel89

Comment

A cut to 17" has seamed to improve several 18 and 20 inch barrels we have had. It has a factory trigger from a DPMS standard lower parts kit. I'm going to install a Geissele Hi-Speed trigger and KNS anti-Rotation pins this coming weekend if time/work permits. I know I can tighten it up with a better trigger. That's why I haven't test drove the carbine at 500, 600 and 1000 yards yet, why burn the ammo with a crap trigger. This coming weekend or next I will get it out and get my real world long range drops and dope. My younger brother took a mature Mulie clean this last season with his Grendel carbine at 493 yards.

The original Snipershide post link is attached to the 4th entry down.

Custom AR-15 Rifles, Custom Uppers, Custom Lower, 6.5 Grendel, AR15, AR 15, AR-15, AR15 upper, custom upper, Lilja, DPMS, Precision, Precision Firearms, Precision-firearms, percision firearms, custom upper, custom ar, custom ar15, barrels, rifle barrels, Shilen, CAA, Command Arms, Yankee Hill, Yankee Hill Machine, 204 ruger, .204 ruger, 223 wyld
                      Last edited by Guest; 05-04-2011, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• terrywick4

Wow even more of an impressive group with a standard DPMS trigger.

Comment

Working...
                        X