Checking in from Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Checking in from Maryland

New to the forums today. Looking to build a Grendel for my next rifle. Have a long range rifle in a bolt gun now I want one in an AR platform.

Looking forward to reading all the info I can to make the best choice for my build.

At the moment I am looking at a Satern barrel but haven't decided on a length yet. Also haven't decided if I want to go with a monolithic upper or a standard upper with a rifle length rail.

If I were doing it all over, I would use a light weight, or fluted 20 inch barrel. That will give the best all round performance for practical rifle, shooting at distances over 500 yards, while still not being like lugging a telephone pole on a stock around.

And Alexander Arms' fiber forend (G10 or the ventilated ones) are really light weight, and unlike aluminum, they don't transmit heat the same way. If I didn't own one, and you told me that, I wouldn't believe it. But when I got one from Alexander Arms, and took the rifle to a practical rifle match, even long strings of fire didn't make the handguard hot.

Comment

Thanks.. I will look into those as well.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
        Administrator
        • Feb 2011

Herr Baer, welkommen!

Johann
        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Danke

Comment

herr.baer, Also new member from Maryland, down near D.C., with your user name you might think about calling Les, he makes a fine rifle. I bought one, waiting for body parts to regrow. Kept trigger finger, rifle shoots way better than I can.

Comment

Working...
            X