Hornady 123 ammo tight chambering.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hornady 123 ammo tight chambering.

I am running a statern bull barrel, and have had trouble chambering hornady ammo, particularly on the first round. If I go to chamber the round, the bcg comes forward, but when the hammer falls, it dosn't strike the firing pin. If I drop the round into the chamber without a mag, and let the charging handle go, the bcg comes forward far enough to alow the gun to fire, and the subsequent rounds will fire as well. also, if I use aa for the first round, the gun chambers fine from the magazine, and will chamber hornady ammo loaded beneth the aa ammo in the mag. I really like the accuracy of the hornady ammo, should I buy a die, and just bump the shoulders by .002", or should I use different ammo?
  • robsf49ers

Originally posted by z06pilot View Post
    I am running a statern bull barrel, and have had trouble chambering hornady ammo, particularly on the first round. If I go to chamber the round, the bcg comes forward, but when the hammer falls, it dosn't strike the firing pin. If I drop the round into the chamber without a mag, and let the charging handle go, the bcg comes forward far enough to alow the gun to fire, and the subsequent rounds will fire as well. also, if I use aa for the first round, the gun chambers fine from the magazine, and will chamber hornady ammo loaded beneth the aa ammo in the mag. I really like the accuracy of the hornady ammo, should I buy a die, and just bump the shoulders by .002", or should I use different ammo?
    I also have the Satern bull I had the same problem. They got a bad batch of bolts. I returned mine they sent me another and everything works great ,

Comment

Working...
    X