Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stealthshooter

Barnes MRX bullets

I wonder if Barnes will make a 6.5 in the MRX? With the heavy core and the shorter length it seems like it could be a good thing for the Grendel.

• longdayjake

I think it will take a little larger market for Barnes to invest in it. I asked them if they had any plans to make lighter bullets for the grendel at the 2010 shotshow and they told me there wasn't enough interest to invest in it. However, the 100 grain TTSX has come out since then so maybe enough people were asking for stuff. Lets do it!!!

Comment

• StoneTower

I would like to the a 6.5 Barnes MRX in 110gr The shorter shank would give us more room for powder.

Comment

• Stealthshooter

I was thinking that it would allow the use of a 130 or 140 grain bullet without having a ton of bullet stuffed in the case.

Comment

I'm in if they make it...

Comment

Originally posted by pangris View Post
            I'm in if they make it...
            Sorry, but Barnes has discontinued ALL MRX bullets and will not be making any let alone a new 6.5 bullet.

Comment

• RangerRick

Originally posted by mseric View Post
              Sorry, but Barnes has discontinued ALL MRX bullets and will not be making any let alone a new 6.5 bullet.
              Too bad, with that heavy base, I'll bet they tumbled like crazy on impact.

Were they just too expensive to sell well?

RR

Comment

I still have some 180s in .308 I guess I should hold onto them!

Comment

Working...
                X