Hello from the BAYOU STATE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from the BAYOU STATE

Hi everyone. Stumbled on this website by accident and glad I did. I have a COLT AR 15 M4 and would like to convert from .223 to 6.5 Grendel. My gun vocabulary isn't up there with you guys yet but hope to learn more in the future. I haven't done any reloading or building a gun from scratch but have owned and shot different types of guns most of my adult life. Any help on where to get started rebuilding my COLT will definitely be appreciated.
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Hey, RJS, welcome!

John
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

RJS,

What exactly do you see yourself doing with the Grendel? Hunting? Shooting from the bench for accuracy? Competition? Your specific needs will drive your selection of barrel length, profile, overall gun weight, choice of optics, whether to load your own or buy off the shelf, etc.

There is a lot of experience available to you on the forum, and a very gentlemanly atmosphere here, so a lot of great guys with thoughtful and helpful attitudes.

Without knowing specifically what you will use your Grendel for, I would recommend the following options:

1) Keep Colt original and build Grendel from scratch
      2) Keep Colt upper in tact, build new Grendel upper

Welcome

LRRPF52

Comment

Mostly hunting deer, hogs and predators.
        Thanks for the reply LRRPF52
        Last edited by Guest; 06-02-2011, 10:53 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the Grendel Horde.

Comment

Welcome from another Louisiana Grendel shooter!

And since it looks like we may get the law passed allowing us to shoot feral hogs with suppressors, you got the right rifle!

Comment

Working...
            X