Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Acaledonian

Hello from Western Pennsylvania

I've seen this forum and have read a few things and decided it was time to join. I'm from Butler County (north of Pittsburgh) and last year had a 6.5 bolt built on a 700 Remington action. (It is not legal to hunt with a semi in PA) I had done much reading on the caliber and thought it woul make a great deer caliber for moderate range woodlands. My rifle is a 16.5 inch barrel with a 1:7.5 twist, full length laminated stock. It shoots 120 Barnes TXS at about 2500fps very accurately. I'm interested in others who may have bolt actions, and in bullet and load data.
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Welcome!! Good to hear about another bolt Grendel!

Still high on my wish list!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
      Administrator
      • Feb 2011

Welcome! Sorry 'bout the Steelers, man!

John
      :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• Acaledonian

Shot 2 groundhogs today. Used 120 Barnes at 80 yards on the first one. A shot to the chest blew open the entire lower body apart and left the guts about 3 inches away. The second one was at 65 yards and removed about 2 inces of spine in the neck. This is the first time I've used it on live game and I was seriously impressed at the performance. It was also my first use of Barnes bullets and I was equally impressed.

Thanks for the Steeler comment. It was a tough year.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Acaledonian View Post
          Shot 2 groundhogs today. Used 120 Barnes at 80 yards on the first one. A shot to the chest blew open the entire lower body apart and left the guts about 3 inches away. The second one was at 65 yards and removed about 2 inces of spine in the neck. This is the first time I've used it on live game and I was seriously impressed at the performance. It was also my first use of Barnes bullets and I was equally impressed.

Thanks for the Steeler comment. It was a tough year.
          Could have been a Seahawk fan....a bad year for the Steelers would qualify as good for them lately!

Comment

Working...
          X