Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Louisiana member

Hello,

I am a new member from Louisiana and hope to be a new 6.5 owner in the very near future. That is the main reason I joined to find out all I can about the Grendel.

Kent
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Kent,

Welcome!! Hope you find the Grendel all you want it to be!!

Comment

Welcome fellow Louisianian to the Grendel Horde!

Comment

Welcome from another Louisianian, also.

Comment

Coon Ass!!! :-)

Comment

Welcome. You are being smart to learn before buying or building. If I could recommend anything, it would be to get the best barrel you can afford, and then take your time building the rifle unless you are having it built. There are some great factory builds (Alexander Arms has treated me great), and plenty of excellent custom builders. There are plenty of accuracy tricks to building AR's, so it will be worth your time to learn about those things first.

Many of the accessories, or really trick receivers are neat, and have interesting functions, but don't add to the actual accuracy of the rifle. Figure out if you want accuracy, inexpensive parts, trick parts, tactical parts, tacticool parts, competition parts and so on before you begin your build. Figuring that out will save you the trouble of buying parts that you later find you don't need.

Comment

Thanks for all the welcomes and the great advice. I am not new to the AR but a rookie to the 6.5 Grendel. I will most likely buy my upper complete and welcome any recommendations you guys would like to throw my way. I am looking mainly for a hunting rifle.

Thanks
              Kent

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                Administrator
                • Feb 2011

Good to have ya, Kent!

John
                :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
                X