Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • johndenverut

100 NBT questions

I made some today and shot them over my chrono using VV N133 (27.2) lapua brass and federal primers at 2.26. I shot a 1/2 group with 5 shots but only had an average of 2565 out of my 18" barrel. Has anyone else used this powder for this bullet? What is the typical COAL for this bullet? Velocity? This seems quite slow to me but I couldn't find any published data about the round.

Any help would be appreciated. This load definitely has potential.

Originally posted by johndenverut View Post
    I made some today and shot them over my chrono using VV N133 (27.2) lapua brass and federal primers at 2.26. I shot a 1/2 group with 5 shots but only had an average of 2565 out of my 18" barrel. Has anyone else used this powder for this bullet? What is the typical COAL for this bullet? Velocity? This seems quite slow to me but I couldn't find any published data about the round.

Any help would be appreciated. This load definitely has potential.
    That does seem slow, except for the charge you're using. I get just under those velocities with TAC pushing 120 SMK's out of my 16". I have also loaded and shot some of the 100gr NBT's, but I couldn't chrono due to weather, but I plan to next month. I have some loads that are 31.0gr of TAC IIRC, but those are to the end of my load spread for development. When I shot them, there was almost no felt recoil, especially compared to 120's and 123's.

I'm using Lapua brass as well, and Rem 7 1/2 primers I think. For my barrel length and these light bullets, I think they need faster powders, but I don't know what the system will tolerate yet.

LRRPF52

Comment

I will check & post the specifics of my load tomorrow. I'm getting 2,775 FPS with the 100 B-Tip & a max load of Benchmark with similar accuracy out of a 20" barrel.

Checked my records today. My 100G B-T load is Laupa brass. CCI-450. 29.9 Benchmark. 2.725" Comparator length (not OAL)
      Last edited by Guest; 06-16-2011, 03:47 AM.

Comment

VV has data for the 100gr Scenar with N-133. Start=24.2gr @ 2388fps, Max=29.3gr @2802fps out of a 24 inch barrel. Your charge is 2gr less than VV max with a barrel that is six inches shorter. Only a guess, but you may be loosing about 25-50fps per inch of barrel, couple that with the missing 2 grains of powder and I think your load is on par with VV data.

Comment

Working...
        X