Anybody try 123gr A-Max, Lapua Brass, and BL-C2 powder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gophernuts

Anybody try 123gr A-Max, Lapua Brass, and BL-C2 powder?

I have ten rounds each with varying loads.

28.3 28.5 28.7 28.9 29.1

Any thoughts or opinions with this set up? I'm hopefully going to get out this weekend.

If you check the reloading data for the Grendel on the AA website you will see that BL-C2 is one of the powders on the chart for the 123gr bullets, and that will give you an idea as to your Max loads. BL-C2 can give you pretty decent velocities, but it has the reputation for being really dirty. That is why so many are excited about getting new powders like Leverevolution and 8208 tuned in to the Grendel cartridge. Speed without the coal miners syndrom.

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

My experience is that it is dirty. BUT...also VERY accurate. My smallest groups ever were BLC2 until I found the current XBR load for the 107 Sierras.

Comment

• gophernuts

Well I got the test set loaded to 2.250 OAL and will give it a go this weekend if I get some time off. We will just have to see.

Comment

• Brent Camfield

I run mine with 120 gr nossler ballistic tip with 32 gr BLC2 & Alexander brass with great results out of my 24" J&T stainless bull. Im also working up a load with the XBR 8208 an the 123 gr lapua hp

Comment

Working...
          X