Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • longdayjake

Anyone Try AA2200 in their loads?

I just bought a pound of aa2200 to do some load development. It is a relatively new powder that is supposedly getting good results for the 6.8 crowd and their lighter bullets. I am going to be trying some in the 100 grain TTSX loads to see if I can't safely beat the velocities I was getting with AA2230. Has anyone tried this powder for the grendel yet?

2200 has been around a long time. It was originally one of the DP series of surplus powder distributed by AA. AA had good info and load data on their web site for years, but it has been removed. The new AA 2200 is the result of a joint venture between AA and Powder Valley. PV was one of the distributors of DP 2200 until it ran out. They had so many requests for it they joined forces with AA had had a sheet load made up.

If I recall it has a burn rate a little faster than 2230 and closer to H-322. If you send an email off to Johan over at AA I'm sure he will be able to give you some load data for the 2200. Or you could use QL, as it is in the data base.

Comment

Working...
    X