Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigdog9857

Please help,this is my first post.

Hi Every one, I'm a Retired N.Y.C. Peace Officer and W.T.C. Ground Zero First Responder. I have been shooting over half a century but I need some help. I need to work up a 6.5 grendel load. My components are as follows: New A/A Brass, CCI 450 Primers, 123 A-MAX BULLETS, 8208 POWDER. My upper is A/A 6.5 Grendel AWS with a 19.5'' Shilen s/s Match barrel. I will be shooting in the Tucson, AZ. area where the temperature goes up to 114 degrees or better. I need a starting load and a safe max load for the high temperature here. This rifle will be my basic coyote rig. Sorry if this Post was long winded,thank-you.

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...nd-it-was-good!
    This might help you out? i am in Tucson also we should hook up and talk shop.

Comment

I have played with multiple different powders, almost had settled on 2520, but have had awesome results with 8208. I have fired 130gr Accubonds, 120gr Ballistic Tips, and 123gr Amax bullets with it. What is really cool is that I am getting almost identical points of imp act with all three bullets. I can't post pics at the

another post for ya.

Comment

Welcome BigDog
        I too am a beginner with the same setup as you. The only difference is I started with new Hornady ammo and am now reloading the once fired brass. My first attempt is shown in the reloading section under "first reloads'. I started at 26gr and worked up. Monday I will try to refine my loads in the 28 gr range.
        There is some good information here:

Comment

• bigdog9857

Thanks for the help,it's a good start. Stay kool.

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
            Administrator
            • Feb 2011

Welcome, BD! My in-laws are in Tucson; vacationed there this past March.

John
            :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• LRS_Ranger

Hey BD, I'm going to see how a couple of my loads perform tonight at 600, and then I will get back to you. I'm using 28.5 gr 8202 with the Amax for 2625 FPS. That's out of a 20 inch Kreiger. I printed a .4 inch group at 100 with that load, though most were around .6. Best part is that it shoots to the same point of impact whether you load with the Amax, the 123 Scenar, or the Nosler 120 BT. The only modification I made was for the scenar I dropped .1 grains. Anyway, I'll let you know how they look at 600 after tonight.

-LRS

Comment

Working...
              X