There was a commercial 6.5 Grendel loaded that shared his data on the old forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • StoneTower

There was a commercial 6.5 Grendel loaded that shared his data on the old forum

There was a commercial 6.5 Grendel loaded that shared his data on the old forum.

It was a fairly long thread and he shared the exact load down to the primer he used and why.

Everyone was very happy with the way the load shot if I remember correctly.

Does anyone remember this post and still have the data?

Thank,

David
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

I believe it was Precision Firearms, but don't have his load data.

Custom AR-15 Rifles, Custom Uppers, Custom Lower, 6.5 Grendel, AR15, AR 15, AR-15, AR15 upper, custom upper, Lilja, DPMS, Precision, Precision Firearms, Precision-firearms, percision firearms, custom upper, custom ar, custom ar15, barrels, rifle barrels, Shilen, CAA, Command Arms, Yankee Hill, Yankee Hill Machine, 204 ruger, .204 ruger, 223 wyld

Comment

• rasp65
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

StoneTower I found this in my archive:
      What powder, and how many grains Precision Firearms is using for his 120grn. SMK?

The powder is indeed Accurate 2520 and the charge weight is 30.8 grains. We used to use bulk OEM powders and have changed even though it is more expensive for us. The reason is so that customers can reload with the exact load data we use. The primer is a CCI benchrest small rifle. We have tested and retested this load and have never seen over pressure signs in any of the 8 different rifles we used.

Hope this helps! And thanks for being our customers!

Mark Hostetter
      Precision Firearms

Comment

• StoneTower

Do you happen to remember the OAL they were loading to?

Thanks,

David

Comment

• rasp65
          Warrior
          • Mar 2011

StoneTower I believe I copied the whole post so I don't think it was noted.

Comment

• StoneTower

Originally posted by rasp65 View Post
            StoneTower I believe I copied the whole post so I don't think it was noted.
            I think it was earlier in the post when people were still guessing what powder and primer he was using. If someone has some factory rounds, it is the easy part to check.

Thanks,

David

Comment

• rasp65
              Warrior
              • Mar 2011

David
              What I meant is that what I posted earlier is all I have.

Comment

• StoneTower

I understood...and thank you again for posting the most important part. The best OAL will very from rifle to rifle. As I remember, this load shot well in many rifles and I wanted to make sure we had access to it in the new forum.

Take care,

David

Comment

Working...
                X