Is .264 LBCAR compatible with 6.5 Grendel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aussie in AZ

Is .264 LBCAR compatible with 6.5 Grendel?

info@lesbaer.com
    Sent: Sunday, June 26, 2011 6:47 PM
    Subject: .264 LBC

Yes, you can shoot .264 ammo in your 6.5Grendel rifle, it is compatible and interchangeable with the 6.5Grendel.

Brenda

So there you go. Hope it helps any prospective Grendel builders
    Cheers
    Aussie

Did they find a way around the trademark problems with AA/Grendel?

Comment

Found this explanation:

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

• stanc
          Banned
          • Apr 2011

Same cartridge, different name.

Comment

Originally posted by stanc View Post
            Same cartridge, different name.
            That about sums it up.

Comment

So I would guess that this is saying that any of the major manufacturers could start production under their own name Remington, Federal etc. If so wouldnt it be wise to release the name with the cartridge and at least get name recognition? It seems like a win win at this point.

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

I wouldn't take as gospel everything you read on the internet. Part of the story is there, but ....

As for the ammunition, the case is the same. I'm not sure anyone has pressure tested the BlackHills loads in a Grendel, but BlackHills builds good stuff, and my suspicion is that all they did was take their old load for BlackHills Grendel ammunition and change the name, just like the brass is simply Hornady Grendel brass with a different headstamp.

Comment

Got it.
                  Last edited by Guest; 06-29-2011, 08:54 PM.

Comment

• bwaites
                    • Mar 2011

No, LBC wanted their own headstamp with their name, and Hornady agreed to do so. The headstamp is "LBC .264", not Black Hills. Black Hills loads it ONLY for LBC and it is only available through LBC, unless something has changed recently.

The brass is the same as Grendel brass, just headstamped differently.

Comment

• Aussie in AZ

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                      I wouldn't take as gospel everything you read on the internet. Part of the story is there, but ....

As for the ammunition, the case is the same. I'm not sure anyone has pressure tested the BlackHills loads in a Grendel, but BlackHills builds good stuff, and my suspicion is that all they did was take their old load for BlackHills Grendel ammunition and change the name, just like the brass is simply Hornady Grendel brass with a different headstamp.
                      I agree about not taking everything for gospel but I would believe what comes straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. They said, and I quote, "Yes, you can shoot .264 ammo in your 6.5Grendel rifle, it is compatible and interchangeable with the 6.5Grendel."

Aussie

Comment

• bwaites
                        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Aussie in AZ View Post
                        I agree about not taking everything for gospel but I would believe what comes straight from the horses mouth, so to speak. They said, and I quote, "Yes, you can shoot .264 ammo in your 6.5Grendel rifle, it is compatible and interchangeable with the 6.5Grendel."

Aussie
                        I was referring to this post:

Comment

Working...
                        X