Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 100 grain A-Max Coming Soon?

According to Midway, Hornady is coming out with a 100gr A-Max

If they give it the same ogive as the 123gr version is should leave plenty of room for Xterminator or H335 and give some impressive velocities.
  • mtn_shooter

Aye, looks to be a decent performer for the weight. Estimated BC between .39 and .40, at 2725-2775 fps could match M80 ballistic trajectory almost perfectly (for those who want to use 7.62 BDCs). It would be great for coyotes, hogs, white-tail, maybe even a little bigger within 350yd or so. I may try a few when they are out for sale, but I think I'll keep the 123 Amax for my mainstay.

Comment

• skyfish
      Warrior
      • Mar 2011

Great news if true, always good to have more options. Sometimes I would like to see more BTHP from Hornady. But so far my 18" has like the 123 Amax best. Would like to try the 100's if/when they come out.

Comment

• txgunner00
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

I ordered these from Grafs & should get them in a few days. Anyone use them yet?
        NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

• txgunner00
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2011

I did some calling around and I think I got some good news. Yesterday I was told by Hornady that this particular bullet was a contract / custom bullet that was produced for some European match that only allows a 100 gr bullet and it was not going to be a standard offering. Today I called them again and was told it in fact would become a standard bullet. Hopefully the latter is correct.

Either way I have 2 boxes on the way. I hoping it beats or at least matches the performance I'm getting from 100gr Nosler ballistic tips.
          NRA life, GOA life, SAF, and TSRA

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."

George Mason, co-author, 2nd Amendment.

Comment

Working...
          X