Strange! It doesn't Fit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange! It doesn't Fit

I am having a problem with one, count em, one piece of AA Grendel brass that will not chamber.
    All of my brass (150 pieces) is fired AA brass, FL sized with Forster FL die and measured with the Stoney Point Headspace Gauge. All brass is trimmed to 1.520.

This piece of brass measures identical to the other 149 that chamber with ease. It will not chamber and if I try to hard I have a hell of a time extracting the brass (no bullet).
    So far I have bumped the shoulder back another .002, trimmed down to 1.510 and it still will not chamber. I have measured the OD of the case body at various points and it measures the same as all the other brass. I have also FL sized it without the expander. I for the life of me cannot find any measurable difference between this one piece of brass and the other 149, yet it will not chamber.
    I blackened the whole thing with a Marker and tried to chamber it, nothin, no unusual marks except for a few scratches in the neck. Looks like I have a small burr in there, gotta fix that.

OK, I am at a loss, any ideas as to what would be causing this? I a little worried that something is wrong with my set-up and this might be just the first on many more to come. BTW, I just ordered a Wilson Case Gauge.

Thanks
Working...
X