Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gophernuts

How about some Wolf Brass recipes?!?

Has anybody found any good recipes? I know it's going to vary a little bit due to the different primers. Thanks again.
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by gophernuts View Post
    Has anybody found any good recipes? I know it's going to vary a little bit due to the different primers. Thanks again.
    GN:

Groundhog day.

I have 1k of wolf MPT coming my way on thursday, but i cant find any of the old loading data for it. The problem is that the loads now all use magnum small rifle primers and the wolf brass is large rifle. do people really just use the same loads for the different primers? or does someone have the old loading data they can

I use the Wolf Large Rifle and CCI-200 primers but will have used a number of different large rifle primers, including magnum primers. Of them all -- including match and bench rest primers -- I use the Wolf and CC-200 primarily and interchangeably.

You want a good load for Wolf brass? A 120 grain bullet of any style or make over 30 grains of 2520 or 28 grains of 8208 XBR and any of the standard large rifle primers.

LR55

Comment

How well does the wolf brass hold up to reloading. I have about a 100 wolf cases that I have saved. About 7 of them had primer blowouts.....so those cases are now useless. It just makes me wonder what kind of shape the rest of my wolf cases are in.

Comment

• sneaky one
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

QC I shoot my wolfy to form to chamber, then load it - about .2 - .3 less than a AA-Lap. brass, and it's fine for accuracy, just as great as the better brass. They are my , oops- it got lost in the snow while filling my deer hunt tag- brass. They only last 2-3 reloads if your'e lucky. BTW, we all wonder- Why in hell tarnation did Bill A. end up with wolf and Cproducts. Another BTW- I heard that PPU is making Hornady Grr. brass. If so, at least it's better than the old shiite.

Comment

• LR1955
          Super Moderator
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by QuadCam View Post
          How well does the wolf brass hold up to reloading. I have about a 100 wolf cases that I have saved. About 7 of them had primer blowouts.....so those cases are now useless. It just makes me wonder what kind of shape the rest of my wolf cases are in.
          QC:

I get six or eight loadings. The Wolf MPT is a good deal. They shoot very well and you have some decent brass for hand loading.

LR1955

Comment

• gophernuts

should a guy be fire forming. I haven't attempted it. I do have the lee die set. What does a guy have to do to do it. Just crimp the bullet into place?

Comment

• gophernuts

Forgive my horrible grammar by the way. I'm on my smart phone.

Comment

• LR1955
                Super Moderator
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by gophernuts View Post
                should a guy be fire forming. I haven't attempted it. I do have the lee die set. What does a guy have to do to do it. Just crimp the bullet into place?
                GN:

It is apparent that you need to run some searches on the forum before you go about messing around with handloading or handloading procedures.

First, run some searches on Lee Grendel Dies.

There are a couple of very extensive threads on fire forming 7.62 X 39 brass that others have spent time writing and that answer your questions about this topic.

Read those threads first and if you still have questions, I am sure guys here will assist.

LR55

Comment

Working...
                X