Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwilson1985

anyone making these

anyone know of anyone making custom milled bullets for the 6.5 like the do for the bmg and beowulf i know there alot of plenty accurate mass produced bullets just wondering and would like to do some testing
  • LR1955
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by jwilson1985 View Post
    anyone know of anyone making custom milled bullets for the 6.5 like the do for the bmg and beowulf i know there alot of plenty accurate mass produced bullets just wondering and would like to do some testing
    JW:

Have you run a search on the internet?

LR55

Comment

Elite Ammunition was, but the ATF just verbally told them they weren't allowed to anymore, and pulled the whole line of bullets. I know, because I ordered some, and received the message stating such. ATF supposedly said they were pistol ammunition that is armor-piercing.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

Barnes bullets does also, but their website is down, at least for me.

Comment

• StoneTower

There is a lot of discussion about the ATF ruling on other forums but the ruling is total BS Any caliber can be made into a pistol. Thompson Center has been chambering rifle calibers for many years. What I am not clear on is did they make it against the law to make 6.5, 5.56 and 6.8 turned copper bullets or is it the loaded ammunition. It seems the ruling specifically classifies .223, 6.5 Grendel and 6.8SPC cartridges as pistol cartridges. The decision was probably made by some pencil pusher that does not know which end of the gun to point downrange. Those AR and AK pistols are about a useless as a heavy rock. I would much rather have a S&W 460 or 500 and you would not need to penetrate the vest. Stupid is as stupid does.

Comment

Yeah, I'm pushing to have the ATF's operations banned in my State, in light of the Gunrunner scandal. They knowingly encouraged gun dealers who would have never made the sales on their own, to allow thousands of firearms to be sold to Mexican narco-trafficker straw-buyers in Arizona, Texas, and New Mexico since 2009, after receiving specific orders to create a situation where they can prove that the cartels are getting their arms from US gun dealers.

This is coming from numerous whistle-blowers from within ATF, who were afraid that it would only be a matter of time before one of their own in US Law Enforcement would be killed with one of the weapons. When that exact fear became a reality in December last year in the killing of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry, many of them came forward and provided two Congressional Oversight Committees with the evidence about this insane Justice-Department program, which has led to the mandatory reporting of anyone in those States who buys more than one long-gun within a 5-day period. That was the original intent all along, according to leaked email transcripts that have now surfaced.

It's all a back-door gun registration scheme, with no care for how many US and Mexican lives are lost in the aftermath of equipping who knows how many narco-traffickers with thousands of AR's, AK's, handguns, and even Barret M82A1 .50 BMG's. Mexico had over 36,000 homicides last year, and they're still discovering mass graves.

Several of the whistle-blowers have been fired or moved to lesser positions that don't jive with a normal career track. Brian Terry's family is waiting for the Senate and Congressional investigations to finish before seeking legal action against the perpetrators of these heinous crimes. They purposely allowed the sale of guns to the worst criminals known in the region, and their solution is to monitor how many firearms you and I purchase? I will not quietly let my State participate in these illegal activities, and I would recommend any FFL holder to turn away any dirtbag that your instincts tell you is bad ju-ju, regardless of what ATF tells you. The street-level agents don't have control or support in stopping these crimes, as this latest scandal has clearly illustrated.

Comment

Holder and Obama had to have had knowledge and tacit approval for such a program to have been run, one does not simply do this without approval.

Holder committed perjury when he lied under oath to congress that he had only heard of this program 2 weeks prior to the hearings, in fact it was on the news for over a month prior to that.

Commit crimes of that nature and have your actions result in the death of a police officer, you should get the same sentence whether or not you are in office, be it the AG or POTUS

Comment

I agree. If I told my State Police that I knew of an organization that was:

* facilitating the unprecedented transfer of thousands of military-style weapons to known criminal enterprises,

* targeting US Law Enforcement, Diplomats, & free Citizens for execution or murder,

* conducting mass executions,

* engaging in the multi-multi-multi-billion-dollar per year illicit narcotics industry,

...and then asked what charges would be filed against those who helped provide them the weapons, the response should be that any such parties meeting that description will be indicted & charged as accessories to the murders, illegal sales of weapons across the border into a failing State (Mexico), subversion of a foreign government, terrorism, facilitation of income tax evasion, and probably a laundry list of State & Federal charges that would need to be investigated fully by an independent executive & judicial authority...which is where the problem lies, since our National Attorney General ordered this operation, and he doesn't tie his shoes without the President's direction.

I also wonder if Madame Clinton had a role in this, since she has indicated that she will commit the US to the UN Small Arms Ban Treaty. This Gunrunner scheme seems way too cut & paste as a problem to be solved by that supra-national plan to submit US law to the UN. It's also interesting that you hear no complaints from Mexico about Gunrunner. You'd think the Mexican government would be outraged to learn that US Federal Law Enforcement Agencies were driving this puppy. What we hear instead is for more "sensible gun laws in the US". This scandal is worse than Watergate, Travelgate, Chinese campaign financing, and the other scandals that were brushed under the rug in the 1990's.

Comment

+ 100% agreement except that IMO Mexico is not failing it has failed. This AM's news reports 21/32 State prosecutors have resigned in Mexico. The political situation there is abysmal and will probably worsen if the PRI party regains control in the upcoming elections. It is unbelievable, to me at least, that we have so many political "leaders" here so intent on destroying/dismantling the Constitution they all swore "to preserve and protect". We're living in some eery times gentlemen.

Cheers, Will

My apology for being so off topic. This was supposed to be about custom projectiles.

-Will-
                  Last edited by Guest; 08-02-2011, 04:28 PM.

Comment

I'll take the blame, again, for derailing the thread. Since Elite Ammunition made the only Grendel-specific solid projectile I know of in their Trident line, and those were confiscated or pulled by the ATF, I thought it relevant. I know that we stay away from political discussions, are focus on the Grendel and equipment-related topics, but that one has been glaring at me since I paid for the projectiles and can't receive them because of some criminal enterprise pretending to be a Federal Agency. Whoops...

Comment

• stanc
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                      Barnes bullets does also, but their website is down, at least for me.
                      GS Custom also makes solids.

Comment

• bwaites
                        • Mar 2011

Barnes is sold out, probably panic buying after Elite's were pulled, but here is the page:

Shopify provides a reliable Ecommerce platform so you focus on selling online! Integrated hosting, shopping cart and Ecommerce payment solution all in one!

Comment

• stanc
                          Banned
                          • Apr 2011

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                          Barnes is sold out, probably panic buying after Elite's were pulled...
                          That's quite possible. OTOH, there's this:

Comment

Originally posted by LRRPF52 View Post
                            I'll take the blame, again, for derailing the thread. Since Elite Ammunition made the only Grendel-specific solid projectile I know of in their Trident line, and those were confiscated or pulled by the ATF, I thought it relevant. I know that we stay away from political discussions, are focus on the Grendel and equipment-related topics, but that one has been glaring at me since I paid for the projectiles and can't receive them because of some criminal enterprise pretending to be a Federal Agency. Whoops...
                            LRRPF52, interesting information thanks for the post even though a bit off topic, makes me want to obtain a projectile from them, copy it (ogive data bearing length, etc etc) and possabliy produce a line by swaging methods or lathe set-up ( or combination of both methods, I need to post another thread on this with questions on a method).
                            Maybe when I get a little closer to retirement from the Military the other federal agency that believes a person has the right to..
                            Last edited by Guest; 08-02-2011, 07:51 PM.

Comment

• jwilson1985

thanks for the bullet info guys i aswell would like to know how to make these.....and the off topic stuff i dont mind ...we need to regain control of our government and stop career politicians

Comment

Working...
                              X