Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamespinsky

New 6.5 Grendel Owner

Morning folks. Just scored my first 6.5 Grendel on a AR platform. Built for benchrest competitions, it's a little too pretty for my needs. I'll fix that soon. It sports a 24" stainless barrel, Bushnell Elite 3X9X40, Timney trigger (2 lbs) and I know it prefers Hornady 123 AMX over 123 grain Secnar factory loads. This rifle's mission is coyote and whitetailed deer population control here in Northern Va. Maybe not what most people buy these for but I saw it, wanted it and am using it as such. I used an M4 for work. This is a different beast.

I would like to change two things - the barrel shroud - rail and the buttstock.

Jaygrendel.jpg

She looks good. I like it. What does it have for an upper/lower?

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

Welcome and very nice!

Comment

• jamespinsky

6.5 Grendel

The upper is alexander arms.The lower is Charles Daly. The barrel is hoplite stainless at 24". Timney trigger.

Comment

• jamespinsky

BTW - I don't know if these are great componets or what but I do know it shoots sub MOA at 100 yards with factory hornady.
          Hopefully people here aren't brand snobs. I get enough of that from my teenagers,lol.

Comment

• bwaites
            • Mar 2011

If you're happy, we're happy!

Comment

Originally posted by jamespinsky View Post
              BTW - I don't know if these are great componets or what but I do know it shoots sub MOA at 100 yards with factory hornady.
              Hopefully people here aren't brand snobs. I get enough of that from my teenagers,lol.
              This forum is a place of gentlemanly conduct, where we all contribute and help a brother out...(but bwaites IS a brand snob! He even has Alexander Arms pom poms and cheerleader suit in his closet, so I'm told, right next to his Grendels and Beowulf)

Comment

• jamespinsky

Indeed. Thank you.

Comment

• bwaites
                  • Mar 2011

Lol!!

I also have a Howa 7mm WSM for F class, boy am I snobbish!! No Remington or Winchesters or Panda or GAP or Surgeon for this guy, only the least expensive option will do!

Oh yeah, don't forget the Oly Arms barreled flat top with the no name rail and DPMS lower with AA trigger!

Comment

I have an Alexander Arms Grendel, and it is a terrific rifle. I also have a bunch of other manufacturer's rifles. Alexander Arms has been really great to work with, so they have completely won me over as a customer. Few other manufacturers have made that positive of an impression on me...but it can be done.

ARprecision is another company that has made a similar impression on me.
                    Last edited by Guest; 08-03-2011, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Welcome and a very nice rifle! Coyotes beware!

Comment

• BluntForceTrauma
                        Administrator
                        • Feb 2011

Welcome!

John
                        :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

Working...
                        X