X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DangerClose

New to reloading

Howdy

I am looking to get into reloading here in the next few months. Im looking to reload 6.5 gr, 556, 9mm, and 45 ACP (maybe 45 long colt if I can do it cheaply to feed a judge).

I am curious as to what I need to start. What do you guys recommend?

I have a friend who uses a Lee 4 turret press and he loves it. Has anyone here used it? If so, is caliber changing on the press tough? I wont be switching my dies daily, but it would be nice to load up 556 and 45 before a hunt.

Also, what are some of the misc. items? I know having good manuals is a must. But what else should I need? Trays, powder scale, etc?

Ant other help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    DC
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Lots of good info in this thread:

What all does it take to be able to accomplish re-loads. Is it expensive to get started? Obviously it takes special equipment, but what about special facilities? What is the danger factor for testing someones rounds when they are first built?

Comment

• LR1955
      Super Moderator
      • Mar 2011

Bill:

Here is the recent thread on the reloading press as well.

I am finally able to purchase a reloading press (actually my wife is getting one for my bday.) I am new to reloading, so I can use any advise or tips I can get. Based on what I've read online, I think that the best option would be a turret press. The time constraints with the single stage really turn me off. The lack of

LR55

Comment

I use Ammoguide.com extensively as a reference in both reloading and cartridge performance issues. Visit the forum and you will find very knowledgeable folks willing to give advice and knowledge for all levels of reloading.

I think you can read the forum postings without getting a paid membership. The paid membership gets access to a lot of interesting tools.

BTW, the annual fee is less than a box of bullets but well worth it!
        Last edited by Guest; 08-09-2011, 01:27 AM.

Comment

First thing I ever reloaded was the Grendel. I have had no problems, just kinda followed directons. It was easy. Then I started to go over recomended powder levels and ..and... blew some primers on a hot day. I suggest that you follow directions, remember a extra 100 fps is not worth loosing an eye over and enjoy reloading as a hobby.

Comment

• gophernuts

I'm going to recommend the lyman t mag 2 kit. Great kit, great value.

Comment

Working...
            X