RCBS parts question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCBS parts question

Can someone clarify the proper RCBS shell holder # for the Grendel? Need the same info for the Trim Pro shell plate and Trim Pro pilot.

Thanks,
    Tom

The one I use is a 6.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mseric View Post
        What about the pilot for the trim pro?

Thank you both for helping me out.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

6's work sometimes, but only because the tolerance that RCBS is using floats a little room in there. Sometimes the 6's don't work though!

The correct one is #32.

Comment

Originally posted by tschwarz View Post
            What about the pilot for the trim pro?

Thank you both for helping me out.

Comment

Thank you, and thanks to everyone else. I spent a couple of hours on google earlier with 'rcbs shell holder grendel' and any variation I could think of, and the information was conflicting at best. Someone (AA) should probably put some effort into providing information for reloaders.

Comment

The easiest way to figure it out is to take your grendel brass with you into your local sportsmans/gun store and just try a couple till you find on that fits just right.

Comment

• Blacklab
                  Warrior
                  • Mar 2012

Thanks for the info guys it's a appriecated wink
                  Hey I'm not a complete idiot I have parts missing. Though some times I wonder.

Grendellizing predators as of the fall of 2012.

Small bullets that go really fast, make me giggle...........

Comment

When I started loading for the Grendel, I wondered the same thing. I looked in the Speer manual (an RCBS/Omark/CCI partner) and saw that they show a #32 for the 7.62x39. Since the Grendel case is supposed to be based on that parent case I surmised that it should be appropriate. I already had that shellholder since I reload for a Ruger Mini-30. At any rate, the RCBS #32 has been working for me and my new Grendel.

ETA-- I also used the same logic to find an appropriate shellholder for my Lee Auto-Prime hand priming tool. Use the one they have listed for the 7.62x39; it works for me!
                    Last edited by Guest; 04-11-2012, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X