Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwilson1985

jlk bullets anyone?

was wondering if anyone had any exp. with the jlk vld 6.5 130gr bullets they are showing a b.c of 620 heres a link http://www.swampworks.com/jlk/
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Good bullets, BC is overstated. Essentially the same bullet as the Berger 130, and Berger lists the BC as .552. Both are made with the same dies, so I tend to believe Bergers numbers, with Bryan Litz doing both computer modeling and actual testing of the bullets.

Comment

130gr is a bit much for the Grendel, to be honest. Can you throw it out the end?...yup, but the velocity will limit you to a much lower real-world BC that can be beat by the 123's and even 107's/108's. The listed BC's for the Bergers are for speeds at over 2850fps I think. I've run those 130's out of my .260 at 2820-2850, way over book using N540. Probably not the best idea for my rifle, but I was pushing it to get the trajectories I needed. There's no way we're going to get those velocities out of a Grendel. BC is highly dependent on velocity. The Bergers are also very temperamental in auto-loaders, since we're limited to mag-length jump constraints. You will probably find much smaller accuracy nodes with them out of a gas gun. I did find a few .75 MOA 5-round groupings with them out of the .260, but nothing like a Scenar or SMK. Most groups during load development were closer to or above 1 MOA, and I have a CNC cut-rifled 5R Bartlein done by GA Precision. With 139 Scenars, I found several sub .4 MOA loads for 5-round strings, even when I shot as quickly as possible.

Comment

Working...
      X