Wolf 120g MPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wolf 120g MPT

Sorry if this has been covered before but i didn't see if it had. Got my upper in the mail finally last week. Went to the range with 3 boxes of wolf 120g mpt. I've heard a lot of horror stories about wolf ammo, such as inaccurate, dirty burns, etc. 60 rounds through the rifle and it performed great. After I got it zeroed I was placing 3/4" groups at 100yrds. Barrel and chamber looked like 5 rounds had been shot instead of 60. Did I just get lucky with these 3 boxes or has wolf stepped their manufacturing quality? Thanks for any input.

sounds as though everything works fine. try some hornady 123's

Comment

• stanc
      Banned
      • Apr 2011

Buck, the Wolf 120gr MPT has been okay ammo.

It's the Wolf 123gr soft point that's been lousy.

Comment

• Variable
        Chieftain
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by stanc View Post
        Buck, the Wolf 120gr MPT has been okay ammo.

It's the Wolf 123gr soft point that's been lousy.
        This.

Wolf Gold (really PPU- Serbian) 120 MPT is actually pretty decent. I like it a lot as well, and it's a pretty good deal for the money. The 123gr. softpoints suck, but that's a whole different story.

OP: Enjoy the 120MPT loads, but don't tell too many people, they'll buy it all up!LOL ;D
        Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
        We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• burnsome
          Warrior
          • Jun 2011

MPTs shoot just as good as Hornady's in my Grendel

Comment

I like Wolf Gold MPT. It shoots well from my Grendel and groups around 1.5 MOA. It's good blasting ammo, and is also good SHTF ammo. I have several hundred rounds put away for surplus ammo. It shoots just as well as any Lake City ammo I've used. Plus, the empty brass reloads well and shoots just fine with much better projectiles.

Comment

I put 60 rounds down range a couple of weeks ago with my 16" Grendel with the Wolf 120. The Wolf 120 ammo was really great, 3/4 inch groups were the largest! I am very happy, I am not going to reload for the Grendel. It is good to go after coyotes this winter.

Comment

KAMML,

If you don't reload, you can send me your brass.

Comment

Working...
                X