Mega Arms Billet Receiver set avliable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega Arms Billet Receiver set avliable

Rainier Arms has a few of the hard to find Mega Arms Ambi upper and lower sets...they will be gone quick!

Mega set
  • denimdeerslayer
    Bloodstained
    • Jan 2013

I could have but I will wait till later. Maybe the prices will come down some.

Comment

and they are gone...

Comment

I bought this exact set for my wifes 5.56 build the day the shooting happened in sandy hook. i think i paid 438 dollars for it then. It being 462 now i dont think its really gonna get any cheaper.

Comment

Yea I thought that was reasonable being how people are on 6 month waiting lists to get them. With the one I just bought I now have three of them. The fit and finish are second to none and the comparison includes a JP billet set. I've never met, read or heard anyone who didn't like them. I'm sure there's someone who doesn't but I also imagine someone doesn't think Kate Upton doesn't look good in a bikini either.

Comment

• COTNTOP
            Warrior
            • Mar 2011

Got a Mega set in safe waiting on SATERN to start Grendel production. Paid 409 from MIDWEST PX before the rush.

Comment

I'M kinda upset no one took the Kate Upton bikini bait. I guess it's up to me to liven things up a bit.

Bringing out the big guns!

Comment

• Tedward
                Banned
                • Feb 2013

Thanks for the picture but how about the upper and lower on the MEGA? Ya hers probably looks better but since you mentioned comparable to the JP, I want to know 2 things on the MEGA.

Is the lower as wide in the rear as in the front by the mag-well giving the upper and lower more surface contact and less right to left play? If you notice a few uppers, MEGA SBU being #1, it is wide with more flat surface on the bottom but it doesn't make contact with lower receiver leaving it useless for being wide.

My Loki also is the same as the JP with a wide flat surface on the upper and lower. I milled a few DPMS Low Profile Uppers to fit my Loki Lower because some Rocket Scientist decided to make the rear of the upper at a 45 degree angle instead of milspec curved radius. The DPMS Upper was available and not the MEGA so that is what I settled for. The DPMS also has the wide from front to rear surface as the MEGA. About 1-1/4" of contact surface on my Loki.

Comment

No it is not as wide in the area of the trigger group as it is around the mag well.

Comment

• Tedward
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Spurrious View Post
                    No it is not as wide in the area of the trigger group as it is around the mag well.
                    Ya I didn't think so. The only one I have found wide like my Loki is the JP Rifle CTR02. The only thing I don't care about the JP Lower is the trigger guard area isn't enlarged. I guess because there main use is not out wearing gloves in the winter hunting but would be nice to see other manufactures to pick up on the wide lower platform to match there uppers.

Here are the only 2 wide upper I have found that I can use on my Loki Lower.

The Black upper is a MEGA ARMS SBU and the Gray one is my DPMS Low Profile (Slick Side) I had to have it milled to fit my Loki Lower. I'll be doing the same to the MEGA ARMS so it can be used on my Loki for my 24" Grendel Build coming up. The MEGA SBU is a tighter fit to barrel extension. The SBU needs heated so the Aluminum can expand and the barrel can then be installed. it shrinks back around the barrel and reduces the harmonics according to MEGA. Alexander Arms uses the MEGA SBU with the side charge handle option on the Grendel Sniper setup. Check out there website on that... But small mil-spec lower so it doesn't get the full benefit of the wide support on the lower..

So all and all, The Mega Billet Receiver set is not comparable to the JP CTR02. Apples to oranges is the comparison.

Comment

• Tedward
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Spurrious View Post
                      I'M kinda upset no one took the Kate Upton bikini bait. I guess it's up to me to liven things up a bit.

Bringing out the big guns!

And this is the best picture on the Forum... Good post...

Comment

Working...
                      X