• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • usmcm16a2
    Warrior
    • Aug 2015

The Threat is Real, very real.

Folks,

As a citizen of the US and a resident of California, do not take anything for granted from your politicians. If you citizens of free states, think "that cannnot happen here" my answer to you is oh yes it can.
    30 years ago in California, pick out a long gun, fill out the 4473, take it home. 2017 10 day waits, 5-8 pages of paperwork. Thumb prints when you purchase, thumb prints when you pick up. A safe affidavit, make model of safe. Safe handling demonstration showing you know how handle your firearm. Before it gets released to you.
    Folks, this is coming to a neighborhood near you, UNLESS, you fight tooth and nail. A2
    Last edited by usmcm16a2; 08-27-2017, 05:59 AM.
  • newb
    Warrior
    • Feb 2015

CA is one of the leaders for what is going to happen to the rest of the nation....

Comment

• CCW
      Unwashed
      • Apr 2017

Except for common sense...then they re trailing the pack.

Comment

• Kswhitetails
        Chieftain
        • Oct 2016

I saw a sig line somewhere - maybe even here, that said: "Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups."
        Nothing kills the incentive of men faster than a healthy sense of entitlement. Nothing kills entitlement faster than a healthy sense of achievement.

Comment

• bj139
          Chieftain
          • Mar 2017

I need to contact my politicians at least monthly about all kinds of pro freedom issues.

Add this to my To Do list.

Comment

• Kilco
            Chieftain
            • Jan 2016

For the longest time I had my head in the sand believing we are untouchable here in Maine... Now I have my kids and their future and heritage in mind. I try to stay updated and be a voice to other sportsman of the issues other states are facing.

Comment

• HowaGrendel
              Bloodstained
              • Sep 2017

build your own.....80% AR15's, AK47's, 1911's and Glock clones....no more 4473's or S/N's......and leave California.....

Comment

• TomSawyerNW
                Warrior
                • Nov 2015

Bloomberg has given $130 million so far to outlaw guns, or make them so difficult to obtain that most people would give up. The NRA is the only organization I've ever made donations for political purposes. I agree that we are under heavy attack, and this issue should not be taken lightly.
                If the Democrats had been in power when this country was founded, we'd be the British.

Comment

• mdram
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2016

what happened yesterday should be used as a reason we need our 2a rights
                  just some targets for printing
                  https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...xQ?usp=sharing

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                    Chieftain
                    • Sep 2013

Originally posted by mdram View Post
                    Well, lots of people in Nevada with guns. They didn't stop the shooting. How come? None of the visitors to the hotel grabbed their guns and ran to the 32nd floor and kicked in the door and engaged the shooter. Local residents didn't retrieve rifles from their vehicles, load them, and engage the shooter. Residents didn't fire at the shooter from their homes. The shooter was not engaged by people from other hotels or buildings in the area, parking garages, etc.

I can't think of any venue such as a concert that is going to allow guns and I don't see Jimmy or Janie concealed carry whipping out their Kel-Tec P32 or Glock 27 and firing 350 yards up 32 floors at a hotel to engage the shooter without any sort of real risk of killing non-combatants on other floors. If anything, this sounds like one of the worst sort of examples to claim this is why we need our 2a rights. We do need more of them, no doubt, but nothing would have changed in this situation. Plenty of folks already have guns in NV and in Las Vegas, so a change in our rights would not have changed this situation. If what happened yesterday should be used as a reason why we need our 2a rights (bearing in mind the SC court has ruled they are not absolute already), please explain how yesterday would have been changed if they were in place.

While on the notion of reality of urban combatics, let's also keep in mind that the vast majority of people with permits to carry don't carry on a regular basis, or people who have the right to carry in permitless states don't carry despite not requiring a permit to do so. Far too many people who already can carry simply do not do so, be it a pistol on their person or a long gun in their vehicle (and in some cases, long guns in public). This goes way beyond just more of our 2nd amendment rights, but full scale attitude changes in people about taking an active role in their personal security and the security of others, which if you screw up, can subject you to significant civil and potentially criminal ramifications in most states.
                    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
                    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange

Comment

• stanc
                      Banned
                      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
                      Well, lots of people in Nevada with guns. They didn't stop the shooting. How come? None of the visitors to the hotel grabbed their guns and ran to the 32nd floor and kicked in the door and engaged the shooter. Local residents didn't retrieve rifles from their vehicles, load them, and engage the shooter. Residents didn't fire at the shooter from their homes. The shooter was not engaged by people from other hotels or buildings in the area, parking garages, etc.
                      Yup.

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
                      I can't think of any venue such as a concert that is going to allow guns and I don't see Jimmy or Janie concealed carry whipping out their Kel-Tec P32 or Glock 27 and firing 350 yards up 32 floors at a hotel to engage the shooter without any sort of real risk of killing non-combatants on other floors. If anything, this sounds like one of the worst sort of examples to claim this is why we need our 2a rights.
                      I fully agree.

Comment

• Drift
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2014

T'was an atrocity. No doubt about that. I think every man here would have prevented it if he could. And I doubt that any man here will give up his guns either. What we can do is avoid large crowds of people when we are unarmed. Large crowds = easy targets. I don't like being an easy target. So "Don't bunch up".

Comment

• Klem
                          Chieftain
                          • Aug 2013

Originally posted by mdram View Post
                          Um, no.

I appreciate you are worried this might lead to further restrictions and you feel the need to push back but look at the scenario and tell me how more guns could have prevented that? He only took a minute or so to pump full-auto into a compressed mass of people. People in the vicinity in that hotel with guns would have taken at least a minute to figure out what was going on and bash their way into his locked (and maybe even barricaded) room. Probably would have taken them longer to figure out where the fire was coming from.

No, unfortunately this is the cost of 2A. You live in a place where this sort of weaponry is accessible then this is the cost. Or you can live more safely in a society with no civilian access to firearms. Personally I am comfortable paying the cost for access to firearms. It's a risk I take that I might be on the receiving end of a fruit cake with a gun and for that I want access to my shooting sports. I wish there were no fruit cakes out there, but with populations in the millions it only takes one.

Like the old saying, 'There's always a cost.'

Comment

• Kilco
                            Chieftain
                            • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Klem View Post
                            Um, no.

I appreciate you are worried this might lead to further restrictions and you feel the need to push back but look at the scenario and tell me how more guns could have prevented that? He only took a minute or so to pump full-auto into a compressed mass of people. People in the vicinity in that hotel with guns would have taken at least a minute to figure out what was going on and bash their way into his locked (and maybe even barricaded) room. Probably would have taken them longer to figure out where the fire was coming from.

No, unfortunately this is the cost of 2A. You live in a place where this sort of weaponry is accessible then this is the cost. Or you can live more safely in a society with no civilian access to firearms. Personally I am comfortable paying the cost for access to firearms. It's a risk I take that I might be on the receiving end of a fruit cake with a gun and for that I want access to my shooting sports. I wish there were no fruit cakes out there, but with populations in the millions it only takes one.

Like the old saying, 'There's always a cost.'
                            Truth dart.

The ugly truth, but spot on.

Comment

Working...
                            X