Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • CavTrooper

WCI muzzle brake FS.

WCI muzzle brake for 6.5 grendel. 9/16-24 TPI. Black.

Sold.
    Last edited by Guest; 05-28-2011, 02:07 PM.
  • gophernuts

will this fit a standard AA barrel, I'm interested if it does

Comment

I suspect the seller meant 9/16-24 which was what my AA grendel barrel came with. It's pretty much the defacto muzzle thread for this caliber.

Hoot

Comment

I hope you aren't selling this because of your ringing ears. It is a muzzel brake..not a can. You still need ear plugs.

Comment

• CavTrooper

Originally posted by gophernuts View Post
          will this fit a standard AA barrel, I'm interested if it does
          Yes, Im sorry, I meant the 9/16-24. If thats what the AA barrels are threaded in, then it will fit.

Originally posted by davidj View Post
          I hope you aren't selling this because of your ringing ears. It is a muzzel brake..not a can. You still need ear plugs.
          Thats exactly why Im getting rid of it. I rarely wear earpro when hunting and this brake, while being awesome at reducing recoil, is just too dam loud for my tastes.

Comment

Sorry I did not read above, GN claimed it first!
            Last edited by Guest; 05-17-2011, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I seriously hope that you will get some good ear pro for hunting, I know I am.

I have suffered from years of shooting without ear pro when I was younger, I am paying for it now.

If you measure the decibel level of a rifle with nothing on the muzzle you will find it is WAY above the allowed OSHA limits.

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

Anyone who kids themselves into not believing that they don't need earpro while hunting will pay a high price later in life.

With todays ear protection, I don't understand anyone who does that. I've used electronic Peltors for years, but recently bought a pair of Howard Leight electonics because I needed the input jack for a clinic I was involved with and needed the ability to monitor radio communication. I was totally blown away at my ability to hear distant conversations, far better than I would have expected with my much more expensive Peltors. However, they gave nothing up in rapid response to gunshots and clamping on them. In fact, I tried to listen to distant instruction without the electronic ears, and then with them, and heard it much more clearly and effectively with them.

I was shooting next to a braked .338 Lapua for about half the day, and never felt the need to add additional plugs beneath the Howard Leights, either. I've always done that with the Peltors.

I think they would be a distinct advantage at hearing game sounds, while still providing good hearing protection.

I'll be loading up on the Howard Leights for family members!
                Last edited by bwaites; 05-17-2011, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Bill got a link to the model you are using?
                  I was looking at some walker tacticals

It seems that if they are ear muff types they could also keep the ears warmer in winter as well.

Comment

• gophernuts

I will second those Howard Leights. They run for about 60 bucks and are absolutely comfortable all day and work great. I also love how they only have one switch, unlike the peltors which have them on both ears. Simple, comfy, and effective.

Comment

• bwaites
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by gophernuts View Post
                      I will second those Howard Leights. They run for about 60 bucks and are absolutely comfortable all day and work great. I also love how they only have one switch, unlike the peltors which have them on both ears. Simple, comfy, and effective.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Howar...h-All+Products
                      Those are the ones I've been using. Comfort is very subjective, and they are comfortable, though they have a vinyl type ear surround that isn't quite as soft as the Peltors. I'm very impressed at their effectiveness compared with their price. I've also bought and used multiple different Peltors, and these are just as effective.

I've seen the Walkers, and want to try them, but dropping nearly $300 on them would have to see a significant upgrade in comfort and effectiveness!

Comment

I know guys that have the tacticals with comm, they love them but they did not have to pay for them.

Comment

• bwaites
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by warped View Post
                          I know guys that have the tacticals with comm, they love them but they did not have to pay for them.
                          10-4! I looked at the specs, and I suspect I would really like them, but if I get 90% of the performance for 20% of the price, I'm all over that!

They are even cheaper at Amazon, and I haven't looked, but EBay might have them cheaper yet.

Comment

• rickOshay
                            Warrior
                            • Apr 2012

I also recommend the Howard Leights for range and hunting.

I got the Grendel cap without the top button to go underneath: http://shop.umlautarms.com/65-Grende...5G-HAT-TAN.htm

Comment

• cory
                              Chieftain
                              • Jun 2012

Does anyone remember what this sold for?
                              "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X