X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wraith1516
    Warrior
    • Dec 2014

I can live with that what I cant stand is getting lead in the meat just like a shotgun for small game I would rather miss with one bullet than hit with a couple hundred and be spitting out lead when I eat the game I harvested by the way in my humble opinion shotguns are for ppl who can't aim LOL

Comment

• VASCAR2
      Chieftain
      • Mar 2011

I hesitated suggesting the 100 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip as it designed to be more frangiable, even Nosler's web site has pictures of expended bullets at different velocities. I have a friend from Texas who used to only shoot deer in the head and neck at closer range when he was using .223 Remington and some .243 bullets. This was over 25 years ago before the solid bullets were as common. Within closer range he was able to consistently make head and neck shots. This usually dropped the deer on the spot so there was no tracking and he didn't have to worry about cup and core bullets inadequate penetration due to high velocity.

In the end it is up to the hunter to learn his equipment to accomplish his goal. I was surprised to see one post on this forum where someone used a very light 6.5 Grendel bullet to take a deer with a broad side shot. What may work and is accepted in one part of the world maybe completely inadequate in another.

Comment

• Overwatcher
        Unwashed
        • Mar 2015

I dont really agree Vascar2.The 100grn Nosler Ballistic tip IS different then your more smaller caliber "ballistic tip varmint" offerings from Nosler.Nosler is actually reccomending this bullet for deer/antelope.From my own experiences it leaves coyotes and Wolves DTR with minimal pelt damage,and would not hesitate to use this on deer/antelope.It is currently my hunting load of choice backed with 8208 XBR.Look in the Vol.2 Grendel manual and it shows some expansion examples in gel with he 100 grain BT. It has plenty of expansion for the velocity range the Grendel is able to push.
        DO NOT use the 95 Vmax if your interested in keeping a pelt left on a varmint. Bad experiences in that department.

Comment

• wraith1516
          Warrior
          • Dec 2014

not for me

Originally posted by Overwatcher View Post
          I dont really agree Vascar2.The 100grn Nosler Ballistic tip IS different then your more smaller caliber "ballistic tip varmint" offerings from Nosler.Nosler is actually reccomending this bullet for deer/antelope.From my own experiences it leaves coyotes and Wolves DTR with minimal pelt damage,and would not hesitate to use this on deer/antelope.It is currently my hunting load of choice backed with 8208 XBR.Look in the Vol.2 Grendel manual and it shows some expansion examples in gel with he 100 grain BT. It has plenty of expansion for the velocity range the Grendel is able to push.
          DO NOT use the 95 Vmax if your interested in keeping a pelt left on a varmint. Bad experiences in that department.
          no

Wish I knew how to post pics at close range it blew up , might have hit bone bad day when it was mmade

Comment

• toolsofthetrade
            Warrior
            • May 2011

I have had great luck with the 95gr on coyotes, has been fur friendly as far as I'm concerned. But it would not be my choice for deer

Comment

Working...
            X