• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 65Whelen
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by am4966 View Post
    You can get the Vltor MUR without the forward assist for a lot less than what primary arms has it for...Tier one arms
    I checked out Tier One, yup $40 cheeper, but they're out of stock. Will keep an eye out, thanks.

Comment

• 65Whelen
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Originally posted by din View Post
      Why not just grab one of the PF uppers from Mark?
      PF was the first place I looked, I bought one of the group buy Grendel Lower from him but he doesn't have a forged upper w/o the forward assist. I'm getting picky in my old age.

Comment

• biodsl
        Chieftain
        • Aug 2011

Aero Precision has their 7075 upper w/o forward assist in stock.
        Paul Peloquin

Did government credibility die of Covid or with Covid?

Comment

• Wheelhorse
          Warrior
          • May 2014

Originally posted by keystone183 View Post
          I really like these. Putting together another with this upper. But, you may want a shell deflector? If not, these are very thick walled and hard to beat....

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/138...flat-top-matte
          I used the DPMS on my Grendel and it does fine. Here is another extruded option.

Comment

• din
            Warrior
            • Feb 2015

Originally posted by 65Whelen View Post
            PF was the first place I looked, I bought one of the group buy Grendel Lower from him but he doesn't have a forged upper w/o the forward assist. I'm getting picky in my old age.
            I'm with you now. I'm using one of Rainier's forged uppers without the FA on the build I'm currently trying to finish before I start my Grendel build. I thought about the MUR but I couldn't get around the way it looks with that tacky little piece of sheet metal where the FA would go.

Comment

• Joseph5
              Warrior
              • Oct 2012

My question is why all of the dislike for a forward assist. It certainly isn't a necessity and I have only ever had to use it maybe a half dozen times between 1987 when I went in the Army and now, having got out of the Army in 1993 but having an AR ever since. It was never in a life and death situation either. It has never caused me any problems though.

Comment

• din
                Warrior
                • Feb 2015

I can't speak for anyone else, but for me it was just to shave a couple ounces off.

Comment

• 65Whelen
                  Warrior
                  • Sep 2014

Originally posted by Joseph5 View Post
                  My question is why all of the dislike for a forward assist. It certainly isn't a necessity and I have only ever had to use it maybe a half dozen times between 1987 when I went in the Army and now, having got out of the Army in 1993 but having an AR ever since. It was never in a life and death situation either. It has never caused me any problems though.
                  I wouldn't call dislike, my reasons for a receiver w/o the FA: it's not necessary, saves a little weight and makes my build just a little different.

Comment

• 65Whelen
                    Warrior
                    • Sep 2014

Originally posted by din View Post
                    I'm with you now. I'm using one of Rainier's forged uppers without the FA on the build I'm currently trying to finish before I start my Grendel build. I thought about the MUR but I couldn't get around the way it looks with that tacky little piece of sheet metal where the FA would go.
                    I agree with you on the MUR, the plate behind the pump out bothered me, so yesterday I ordered the Rainier upper.

Comment

Working...
                    X