Caution! Freedom Munitions - Ripping Off The Other Guy, Pasing The Savings On To You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WillD
    Chieftain
    • Nov 2014

Caution! Freedom Munitions - Ripping Off The Other Guy, Pasing The Savings On To You

I'd passed by this place several times and had a friend recommend it so when I saw a "good price" on some ammo I needed I drove to the store.

The salesman said they were out of the 500 lot I was interested in but he taped a box together and made one off the shelf. When we got to the register he asked if I was a LEO or veteran. I'm a Viet Nam era vet and disabled and I assumed he meant active duty and I asked him that. He said no if I was ever in the service they offered a discount and I showed him my VA card. He thanked me for my service - a 1st !!! I asked if I could take one of their catalogs, he said take one.

I didn't look at my receipt until I got back home and things didn't look right so I went to Freedom's website and saw they still listed Quantity In Stock 12 and that with the "veterans discount" and "no freight involved" they had overcharged me about $12.00

$12.00 is not going to break me but maybe they are on the brink. I called to see if there was a mistake and whether they would offer a correction. The representative I spoke with mumbled about the difference in shipping and tax and I asked if I'd been charged shipping to walk in their store. After some more mumbling I asked should I drive back over or is this just the way it is.

He replied, "That's just the way it is"!

I guess they're ripping off the other guys and passing the savings on to us?

Semper Fi
    Member since 03/2011, pre-SAAMI, Pre-crash
Working...
X