• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Double Naught Spy
    Chieftain
    • Sep 2013

Wounded Boar Charge

I have to admit, there may have been some panic shooting there at the end when I started moving off of the proverbial X, but it all turned out well. Every time I watch the video, I get a bit scared all over again. I kind of like it. My wife was not pleased with the video. Apparently, I am not supposed to let the hogs get that close...as if that is a rule or something, LOL.

I counted 5 definite hits in the video before the panic shooting and only found three wounds, two of which were a single through and through of the testicles and hind quarter. It is like the hog swallowed up the shots and sealed up...pretty cool and very disturbing.

You can buy fresh underwear from Walmart in the middle of the night, in case anyone was wondering.
    Kill a hog. Save the planet.
    My videos - https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
  • rabiddawg
    Chieftain
    • Feb 2013

Lol! I know how that feels.

Several years ago my daughter and i are set up in a ground blind when a 250# boar comes down a trail and stops about 60 yds out. I tell her to shoot the hog but the corner of the blind is between her and the hog. She cant figure out which window to put the gun out of. The hog hog starts trotting towards us so i, in a panic put the crosshairs center mass and fire. Hog squeals runs 25 yds to our right and stops about 50 yds or so out. Im telling her shoot the hog shoot the hog!!! She cant get on him before he takes off running our way! He stopped, turned, i get on him again and fire. Nothing but a scope full of black, he drops 8 steps from us.

After we caught our breathe, i explained to her how dangerous a hog could be. She looked at me and said "daddy dont you think i needed to know that before go hunt?" I laughed and agreed with her.

Fwiw, (1st shot) that hog took a 150 gr sst from a 300wsm head on in the snout into his chest. Second shot went into his boiler room behind the shoulder.

Just like you, it was scary but fun since no harm was done.
    Knowing everthing isnt as important as knowing where to find it.

Mark Twain

http://www.65grendel.com/forum/showt...2-Yd-Whitetail

Comment

• Buck2732
      Warrior
      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Double Naught Spy View Post
      https://youtu.be/BwiFjyURA1M

I have to admit, there may have been some panic shooting there at the end when I started moving off of the proverbial X, but it all turned out well. Every time I watch the video, I get a bit scared all over again. I kind of like it. My wife was not pleased with the video. Apparently, I am not supposed to let the hogs get that close...as if that is a rule or something, LOL.

I counted 5 definite hits in the video before the panic shooting and only found three wounds, two of which were a single through and through of the testicles and hind quarter. It is like the hog swallowed up the shots and sealed up...pretty cool and very disturbing.

You can buy fresh underwear from Walmart in the middle of the night, in case anyone was wondering.
      You made across the pond buddy, nothing to do with me either.

http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...-on-a-hog-hunt!
      Buck2732

"You will know you are in a nuclear attack by the bright flash, loud explosion, widespread destruction, intense heat, strong winds and the rising of a mushroom cloud".

"I have no idea what weapons will be used in the next world war... but I do know that world war 4 will be fought with sticks and stones". A Einstein.

PER ARDUA

Comment

• 65Whelen
        Warrior
        • Sep 2014

Awesome video, wow, great hunt, glad your alright, thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Kikn
          Warrior
          • Nov 2011

Nice piggy. I don't really think he was really charging you. probably really just running in your direction.

I've had that happens few times still gets the old pumper going. Then again I've seen some photos of the ones that really do charge and don't get away. Probably best to keep shooting and "stop the threat" as they say in the chl classes..

Comment

• montana
            Chieftain
            • Jun 2011

Yup, it all goes to plan until it doesn't. I think we can all laugh at this since most of us have had one of those moments when the old pucker factor hits critical levels and brave dignity disappears in favor of self preservation. Great story and vid. Thanks for posting.

Comment

• 37L1
              Warrior
              • Jan 2015

Holy #@%!

Nice adrenaline rush!

Comment

• wraith1516
                Warrior
                • Dec 2014

great vid

Originally posted by 37L1 View Post
                Holy #@%!

Nice adrenaline rush!
                Went on a pig hunt in Australia when I was in the service same thing happened wishing I had semi auto anything but had boltgun you learn quick how to manipulate a bolt very fast

Comment

• kbarnes12
                  Warrior
                  • Nov 2011

Wow I about crapped my drawers just watching!! Good evidence for the need of those "evil" high capacity magazines for hunting.
                  sigpic
                  Guns kill people the same way forks make people fat.

Comment

• Variable
                    Chieftain
                    • Mar 2011

Flying brass, pinging can, big injured pig inbound at the run, AWESOME!

That was fun!
                    Life member NRA, SAF, GOA, WVSRPA (and VFW). Also member WVCDL. Join NOW!!!!!
                    We either hang together on this, or we'll certainly HANG separately.....

Comment

• Trock03
                      Bloodstained
                      • Jun 2012

Can't stop laughing! I know that feeling way to well! My chest gets really tight when he finishes that turn and hits the straight away. Thanks for posting!

TC

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                        Chieftain
                        • Sep 2013

Can't stop laughing! I know that feeling way to well! My chest gets really tight when he finishes that turn and hits the straight away. Thanks for posting!
                        Glad you enjoyed it! I had not thought of it as funny, but what the heck. It is pretty funny! (especially since there is a video at which to laugh)

Comment

• bwaites
                          • Mar 2011

Yeah, thats one my wife doesn't get to see, or I'll NEVER get to go on a hog hunt!

Awesome, you waited a lot longer than I would to go full out trigger crazy!

Comment

• rushmc1a
                            Bloodstained
                            • Sep 2014

That video opened my eyes a bit. I usually like to use 5 rd magazines. When I get to go on a hog hunt I can now safely say the magazine will be bigger than a 5 rounder!

Comment

• Double Naught Spy
                              Chieftain
                              • Sep 2013

Well, if you shoot better than I do, then 5 rounds should be more than enough!

Comment

Working...
                              X