• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Christopher67
    Warrior
    • May 2015

Originally posted by Keep The Change View Post
    I have a extended length Nordic that is composite. I believe they make JP Rifles HG's. For the money they are a great deal and is very nice quality. I paid about $100 for mine.

Can you post a link.

Comment

• Keep The Change
      Warrior
      • Mar 2013

Sure. Scroll down page to see hg.

Happy shopping

Comment

• Christopher67
        Warrior
        • May 2015

Nice, thank you!

Comment

• Christopher67
          Warrior
          • May 2015

Question i have is, after you thread your tube/rail on, how does it lock there so it doesn't come free?

Comment

• Jakal
            Warrior
            • May 2014

I have been using Samson Evolution kmods. Nice price point add kmods as needed or run with minimum hardware.

Last I picked up from here.

But you do have to time the barrel nut to the gas tube. No biggie if you have an armorers wrench.
            ""Come taste my Shillelagh you goat-eatin bastard!""

Comment

• Keep The Change
              Warrior
              • Mar 2013

I havent installed mine yet but this is what i believe will happen.
              It comes with barrel nut that also has external threads for the hg and lock band to thread on to
              install nut then thread on lock band till it bottoms out and then spin on hg. It will contact band then index hg and then tighten the lock band and hg against each other.

A little locktite cant hurt i would think.

Comment

• Christopher67
                Warrior
                • May 2015

It comes with barrel nut that also has external threads for the hg and lock band to thread on to
                install nut then thread on lock band till it bottoms out and then spin on hg. It will contact band then index hg and then tighten the lock band and hg against each other.

Thanks! Any idea what the ID of that handguard is? Wondering if my SLR gas block will fit under it?

Comment

• am4966
                  Chieftain
                  • Jul 2014

You put barrel nut on, then put locking band all the way on, add tube. Then you tighten locking band, I'd use some loctite on that kind of system. Green since you can heat up and undue.

You should have gotten a SLR over weekend was 15% off there rails are 1.35 so I'd assume anything, similar would work.
                  12.5" SBR Grendel - Need Barrel
                  Surge - Rugged Suppressor
                  Been a fan of the Grendel from the very beginning and haven't second guessed that choice one time.

Aim small, miss small!

Comment

• Keep The Change
                    Warrior
                    • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Christopher67 View Post
                    Thanks! Any idea what the ID of that handguard is? Wondering if my SLR gas block will fit under it?
                    I think it will depend on you OD of your barrel at the gas port. Mine is 0.875 and the adjustable SLR I got won't fit under the HG. But if your OD of barrel is 0.75 I think it should work. I believe SLR has good diagrams showing all dimensions. Then head over the Nordic or whatever HG you are looking at and check the ID of the HG.

Check the height from the center of the barrel hole of the gas block to the top of the gas block and compare that to ID radius of the HG.

Comment

• Christopher67
                      Warrior
                      • May 2015

I think it will depend on you OD of your barrel at the gas port. Mine is 0.875 and the adjustable SLR I got won't fit under the HG. But if your OD of barrel is 0.75 I think it should work. I believe SLR has good diagrams showing all dimensions. Then head over the Nordic or whatever HG you are looking at and check the ID of the HG.

Check the height from the center of the barrel hole of the gas block to the top of the gas block and compare that to ID radius of the HG.

Thanks, im probably just gonna go with ALG Defense rail. Im pretty sure the SLR gas block will fit under their rail.

Comment

Working...
                      X