• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lwminton
    Warrior
    • Nov 2014

Winning Scope at 300 yards - Weaver 36 power

Match was 300 yards prone, 20 rounds in 20 minutes, single load. I think the shooter used 6 PPC.
    Does anyone have experience with this scope? It's price seems low which makes me wonder about the quality.
  • lead chucker
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

I'm not familiar with that particular scope but I have 3 different weavers now and love the glass. For the money they are great.

Comment

• PredatorDown
      Warrior
      • Jun 2014

I've got one on a .260 Remington that a buddy is letting me borrow. Love the TINY reticle for very precise shot placement, also is about the glass quality you would expect at that price point. It seems to track true, although I haven't done testing to confirm it.

My biggest complaint is the eyebox is pretty unforgiving, but that's usually what you get with the higher magnification scopes. I'm also not a fan of the front focus, although it does work.

Comment

• Hafast
        Unwashed
        • Sep 2014

I've been using the Weaver 36 for years in 22 bench rest. I own 4 of them, so you know what I really think of them.

Comment

• Wheelhorse
          Warrior
          • May 2014

Good scope for the price, but warranted only to the original purchaser and last time I checked, he has to pay the shipping both ways for a trip back for repair.

Comment

• Mesa1978
            Warrior
            • May 2015

I have one on a Rem 5R in .308. Couple thousand rounds of hand loads through it, still holds zero. Not the clearest glass but for the money I have been satisfied.

Comment

• wog13
              Unwashed
              • Jan 2016

i have used the 36 power weaver for more than 10 years. it has done everything i wanted it now sits on a 6ppc that will soon become a grendel. good scope for the money.

Comment

Working...
              X