Been a busy week collecting, now to start producing!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lamrith
    Warrior
    • Sep 2014

Been a busy week collecting, now to start producing!

So two new calibers since the 1st of the year means it is time to start reloading. 300blk and Grendel both have been hungry!

Stumbled on a few deals the last 2 weeks and threw my lunch money at people to stock up. Powders were $25/#, dies the typical $33-35 for basic Lee sets, 123g Nosler and Amax grendel bullets $18/100, 123g SST's $25/100, 150g 308 bullets $20/100 and have another 500 in transit..

20150516_182424s.jpg
    Anderson lower with ALG Combat trigger and Ergo F43 stock:
    18" 1:8 6.5 grendel barrel, 13" troy alpha free float, Mbuis, PA 4-14x44 FFP ACSS scope.
    SAA lower(Form 1 in process)
    16" 1:9 5.56 barrel, A2 sightpost, GI Handguard, Eotech XPS2.0 w/ 1.5-5x magnifier.
    Anderson Pistol lower:
    16" 1:8 300BLK Free Float, Eotech XPS2.0
    6" 9mm with 7" free float and KAK muzzle device, Magpull MBUIS
  • BluntForceTrauma
    Administrator
    • Feb 2011

Should at least keep ya out of trouble for a while! Or not.
    :: 6.5 GRENDEL Deer and Targets :: 6mmARC Targets and Varmints and Deer :: 22 ARC Varmints and Targets

:: I Drank the Water :: Revelation 21:6 ::

Comment

• lead chucker
      Warrior
      • Sep 2014

Some good catches you have, much shooting you will!! One thing I would get more of is primers! I found with both these rounds is you shoot much more than you think you will!

Comment

• LR1955
        Super Moderator
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by lamrith View Post
        dies the typical $33-35 for basic Lee sets,
        Lee Grendel dies.

This you will regret. You can do yourself a favor and return them or try to sell them and get some money back. Or, you can use them and then try to sell them.

Either way, you will end up buying a set of good dies for the Grendel.

I can't comment on Lee dies for the 300 BLK. Could be they are the best anyone makes. That is how it seems to go with Lee but one thing that can be taken from the Grendel forum is that the Lee Grendel dies are at the bottom of the die list.

I say this only because you will end up wondering why brass won't chamber, why the decapping pin is too large, why your necks are cracking after a couple of loadings, why the brass is getting scratched during sizing, why the seating die is not seating consistently and is continually loosening, and probably a couple other things. Mostly why your brass is not lasting as long as others report on the forum.

The guys have made a couple of threads Grendel dies. You may want to search and start saving money for the set you will eventually buy.

LR55

Comment

Working...
        X